Passionate about animal welfare, Wood Green, The Animals Charity is a leading organisation that's dedicated to improving the lives of pets and their owners.
Wood Green are looking for a Department Manager for our friendly, busy veterinary surgery.
Working with a team of dedicated vets and nurses, you'll have the chance to make a real difference to the thousands of pets we care for each year.
You should be comfortable managing a large team and be professional, assertive and possess excellent communication and organisational skills.
In addition, you will:
- Ensure the veterinary service provided for pets in the Charity's care is of a high standard and interventions are timely to minimise pets' length of stay.
- Develop and support a high performing team of nurses.
- Work closely with contract providers to access key veterinary surgeon personnel and appropriate services such as out of hours care.
To be considered as the Veterinary Department Manager, you will need:
- To have significant experience of working in a veterinary environment in a management role
- Leadership qualities with the ability to motivate, coach and inspire
- Experience of interpreting and managing allocated budgets
This is a full time role, working 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday, with the ability to work flexibly including the occasional weekends.
The starting salary for this position is £30,311 - £33,679 dependent on experience.