We are looking for a candidate who has a relevant health and safety qualification, such as NEBOSH General Certificate.
Candidates should also be able to demonstrate a proactive and energetic approach and an ability to establish a good rapport with everyone at the site.Key Duties:
- Provide operational support, information, guidance and advice relating to health, safety and compliance issues.
- Support the Safety, Compliance and Risk Manager and proactively engage with the health and safety community
- Promote and communicate health, safety and wellbeing advances and practices and demonstrate a firm commitment to the promotion of a positive health and safety culture.
- Develop, implement, review and amend relevant procedures and protocols
- Oversee the development and updating of local health and safety arrangements, procedures and policies.
- Organise and contribute effectively to the local Health, Safety & Wellbeing Committee, including the preparation of reports.
- Ensure effective health & safety and local area induction procedures are in place for all staff, students, visitors and external users.
- Provide guidance and advice on the completion of risk assessments and protocols and review and validate as necessary.
- Check that risk assessments are readily available and used appropriately.
- Collate information and maintain key records relating to health, safety and compliance.
- Organise relevant safety training courses and oversee the upkeep of training records. This may include the development and delivery of bespoke in-house safety training courses as required.
- Conduct accident, incident and near miss investigations as required, and oversee the completion of appropriate actions.
- Provide internal audit of safety policies and practices
- Oversee upkeep of appropriate safety signage and PPE equipment and supplies.
- A relevant health and safety qualification, such as NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent.
- Experience of working in a health and safety role in a similar environment.
- Be able to demonstrate good interpersonal effectiveness and influencing skills.
- Be able to demonstrate good problem-solving skills
- Willingness to adapt and to engage
- Willingness to undertake further Health & Safety training and CPD activities.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.