* Be a Finance Business Partner for our Property Director and related stakeholders, providing insight, information and challenge on plans, spend and planning.
* Work with the relevant CAPEX budget holders to drive the annual budget process, including the development of reliable business case criteria and objectives and provide regular performance monitoring of ongoing programs.
* Gain an understanding of Property related spend across CAPEX and OPEX environments including Development projects such as Springboard and Pitch Development and Operating Expenses such as R&M, Utility costs and Rent & Rates, working with colleagues in Management accounts to clarify risks, opportunities and trends.
* Work with colleagues in SF&R to support the continued development and use of the business's CAPEX forecasting and budgeting models currently within TM1.
* Report on variances for both CAPEX and OPEX Spend levels and update robust forecasts /cash flow impacts for the remainder of the year.
* Provide reliable input into the short-term and long-term cash flow forecasting process aligning with the Accounts Payable team in terms of payments to suppliers and explanation of variances to forecast.
* Work with stakeholders to develop return on investment (ROI) appraisals on previous CAPEX investments
* Work with all stakeholders to drive a culture of cash flow awareness.
* Analyse and derive accurate insight from data.
* Be able to "seek out the truth" and support this with evidence.
* Build robust reports/templates to enable users to operate accurate reporting and budget management.
* Recommend reporting improvements to drive accuracy, robustness and timely delivery.
* Recommend process improvements to drive increased effectiveness and efficiency and eliminate single points of failure.
* Ensure that all recommended process improvements are adequately documented and signed-off for legal, regulatory and tax compliance.
* On occasion you may be asked to perform additional duties or duties unrelated to your role after appropriate training has been given.
* You have a duty to safeguard your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, customers and visitors. You also have a duty to co-operate with management to enable it to comply with its health and safety duties.
* Ensure quality, compliance and health & safety standards across Finance.
* Qualified Accountant (or overseas equivalent) ACA/ACCA/CIMA with significant PQE.
* A practical, "can do" attitude.
* Desirable to have an understanding/practical experience of third party Facilities Management systems - CAFM (Computer Aided Facilities Management). Including working with stakeholders to ensure the reporting, approval processes and any integrations for 'backing data' are managed and operating in accordance with the wider business needs.
* Not afraid to roll-up your sleeves and get into the detail.
* Significant experience in managing relationships with stakeholders at senior management/Board level.
* The ability to translate accurate and meaningful insight from large quantities of data.
* Experience in a high volume transactional environment and able to work with large sets of data.
* Experience of working in complex organisations
* Ability to work in pressurised situations and deliver a quality product to agreed timescales.
* IT literate and experience in working with IT teams to deliver systems improvements.
* Good Excel skills.
* Passionate about customer service.
* Highly diligent and commands strong internal controls.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Strong organisational and project management skills.
* Highly numerate and analytical.