*Fitness Instructor - Various, Redbridge*
*Are you a qualified fitness instructor and have a passion for health and fitness? Would you like to support our members to get back on track after lockdown? If so, we need you!*
*With health and with fitness and health being more important than ever, come join our teams at our Leisure Centres in Redbridge!*
* Full Time & Casual posts available
* £18,585 per annum (pro rata) / £8.91 per hour - pay award pending £20,670 per annum (pro rata)
* To ensure the safety and enjoyment of everybody using the fitness and health facilities.
* To promote excellent customer service and motivate people to enjoy exercise through good communications and selling skills.
* To take responsibility for all aspects of the daily operation of the fitness facilities.
* To work on a shift rota system to undertake the daily operations of the facilities.
* To provide supervision of the Fitness Suite within the Leisure Centre facility.
* To undertake Inductions, Fitness Assessments and Personal Programmes in accordance with the Gym Vision brand.
* To guide, care for and assist all fitness users especially in areas of motivation, well-being, nutrition and fitness testing.
* To work as part of a team to achieve income and sales targets for the fitness & health facility.
* To ensure all facilities are presented to the highest levels of cleanliness and comfort.
* To ensuring the safe and proper use of all fitness equipment at the centre by members of the public and ensure all equipment is safe and secure when not in use.
* To assist with the development and implementation of the fitness suite activities programme.
* To undertake any other duties as may be required to assist in the running of the centre.
* To work as part of a team, or independently as the situation demands, support other team members and provide cover as required.
* Take the appropriate level of responsibility for health & safety in general.
* To assist in the management and development of the Leisure Centre's quality assurance systems and procedures.
* Previous experience of working within the leisure industry is preferred.
* Required to work outside normal hours, including evenings, weekends, public holidays with flexibility of location.
* For qualified instructors a REPS Level 2 Gym Instructor or equivalent is compulsory. REPS Level 3 Qualification or equivalent is preferred.
* Valid First Aid at Work Qualification is also desirable.
Vision - Redbridge Culture & Leisure provides a wide range of facilities and services on behalf of the London Borough of Redbridge which includes Leisure Centres, Libraries, Redbridge Museum, Local Studies and Archives, Parks, Open Spaces, Country Parks, Sport and Physical Activity, Arts, Events, Fairlop Outdoor Activity Centre and Hall Lettings.