*Social Media Manager*
Pets at Home Group Plc is the UK's leading pet care business; our commitment is to make sure pets and their owners get the very best advice, products and care. We have over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the real difference. This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for an award winning company who put people at the very heart of everything they do.
*About the role*
We are looking for a creative Social Media Manager who demonstrates real drive and ambition, and the ability to plan and execute exciting, innovative content and campaigns which will inspire, excite and engage our social community.
*Social media strategy *
* Collaborate with social agency and wider marketing team to deliver the social media strategy, growing social presence and increasing community size and engagement
* Ensure social media strategy is aligned with wider Pets at Home group business objectives, trading activity and marketing campaigns to drive both brand and commercial benefit
* Devise and deploy content distribution strategies, both paid and organic, ensuring content is targeted to reach a wide and relevant audience, delivering against key metrics
* Lead the execution and growth of social media communities in our 450+ stores, through delivery of a successful strategy to support content, reporting, best practice and moderation - to grow our social presence at a local level
* Maintain authority as in-house social expert, staying abreast industry best practice, developments, trends, technologies and competitor activity, advising the wider business accordingly
*Social content and campaigns *
* Lead the planning, creation and distribution of a timely and relevant content calendar integrated across all channels to drive brand awareness and engagement with the social community
* Work with social agency to ensure content calendar is data driven, and topics are aligned with seasonal trends and conversations to meet audience demand and drive reach
* Collaborate with wider content and design teams to brief in multimedia assets and content as required to support and enhance the social plan
* Plan and execute best in class social campaigns and competitions to excite, inspire and grow our social audience, building brand awareness and social reach
* Strive to deliver fresh and innovative content, exploring a variety of trends and techniques and trialling new platforms where relevant
* Investigate further opportunities to work with influencers, suppliers and partners to create varied content, gain wider reach and engage with new audiences
* Drive incremental revenue through developing effective supplier funded campaigns which resonate well with our social audience
* Ensure paid and organic content is scheduled and delivered efficiently across multiple social media channels, and sites, using social media planning tool
* Act as brand guardian, ensuring all social content is on brand and in line with digital tone of voice guidelines to maintain a consistent and relevant user experience across each channel
*Reporting and analysis *
* Lead the reporting on all social media activity, analysing performance, and optimising content and campaigns accordingly to continuously improve on delivery against key metrics
* Deliver reports to suppliers and partners on joint social activity to demonstrate results and ROI, making recommendations to improve performance on any future campaigns
* Utilise social listening tools to create and deliver dashboards and reports , providing valuable insights to the business, and informing the wider content strategy
* Continually monitor & evaluate competitor activity - keeping all relevant stakeholders up to date with latest developments to drive competitive edge within the marketplace
*Resource management *
* Responsible for line management, growth and development of Social Media Executive
* Act as key point of contact for social media agency, building a strong working relationship with the account team to ensure maximum support and output
* Ownership of social media budget, managing spend and reviewing plans to ensure maximum efficiencies and output from budget available. Liaise with finance department as necessary
* Make recommendations to ensure the optimum platforms and tools are in place to support the social content objectives. Manage relationship with 3rd party suppliers as necessary
The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar social media role, ideally within a successful brand or retailer. Degree education or a relevant marketing qualification is desirable, however not essential if a good understanding of consumer, content and digital marketing disciplines can be demonstrated! Excellent written ability and to be able to write in different styles for different audiences, along with ability to prioritise workload and to work creatively under pressure to tight deadlines is a must in this role. We are looking for a creative thinker with drive and determination to think outside the box and deliver exciting, innovative content and someone who has a deep understanding of social metrics and social media reporting and listening tools, with the ability to analyse results and drive improvements. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Far more than a retailer, Pets at Home Group is the UK's leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to grooming and vet services. Since 1991, we've been building a business around pets and their owners and we've set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that's focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.