Your new role
Here at National Highways, we have an exciting opportunity for a Customer Insight Manager to join our Major Projects Customer Service division in Birmingham (other locations will be considered).
Within this role you will be required to capture, analyse, and share customer insight to shape and influence National Highways activities by playing the voice of the road user back to the business. You will also be required to collate and analyse insights gathered internally and externally via a range of methodologies to enable better decision-making.
This role is ideal for someone with confidence as you will be required to present insight and analysis in a clear and accessible format to relevant parts of the organisation and become the recognised internal expert in qualitative methodologies.What you'll be leading on
To be successful you'll need
- Analyse and report on a programme of surveys, research and insight nationally and regionally, helping to identify trends and opportunities.
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop project scopes to ensure results provide timely and valuable insight on key strategic initiatives.
- Produce relevant reports, presentations and action plans that can be used by colleagues from across the business, helping them to utilise results to develop, monitor and improve safety, customer service, and delivery.
- Help co-ordinate and develop the use of insight to improve the way in which we carry out our services - by collating and analysing the findings, identifying trends and best practice, and disseminating this throughout the organisation.
- Promote and evaluate the effectiveness of insight to support the three imperatives of National Highways.
- Assist and contribute to the development of the wider insight function across the Directorate and organisation.
A bit about us
- Proven experience of gathering and analysing insight using a variety of qualitative methodologies to help support better decision making
- Experience of managing projects, budgets and contracts
- Experience of initiating and developing effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of drafting presentations and reports to suit a particular purpose and audience and ability to deliver oral presentations/information to groups of people
- Knowledge of transport sector (or public sector) research desirable but not essential
The role of Major Projects Customer Service division is connecting our people with our customers, to improve the design and delivery of our major projects for the benefit of our customers and communities.
As part of this you will be working to ensure that scheme delivery considers internal and customer needs, at every stage of a major scheme lifecycle, by developing and maintaining best practice engagement guidelines, and providing ad hoc engagement services which offer best value at a directorate level.Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We're proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So, if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it - then you'll be a great fit for our organisation
And finally, we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.