Head of Statutory Accounts
Would you like to join an award-winning Cloud-based Accountancy practice based on the outskirts of Birmingham?
Our client is looking for a bright, keen, experienced Statutory accountant that is looking to take their next step into a management role.
The role also allows you to work remotely with the need to go into the office once a week
Accountancy practice and supervisory experience is mandatory
Does this sound like it could be the next step in your career?
If so please take a look at the info below and contact us to have a chat.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation and delivery of client accounts and tax returns for filing with statutory bodies in line with Companies Act and UK GAAP/FRS 102 and within internal timescales.
- Leading and managing the compliance team and supporting the team
- Train the Compliance team to ensure consistency of approach and high standards of work paper files, driving high levels of individual accountability, engagement and development.
- Plan and monitor workload of team members
- Act as an enthusiastic, positive and motivated role model for the team. Build a culture of continuous improvement and openness to change.
- Performing annual/quarterly appraisals of team members.
- Manage rollout of MTD for income tax.
- Provide excellent advice and support to clients with clear communication and with their financial interests in mind.
- Preparation of Self Assessment tax returns
Knowledge and Experience
- Able to work to deadlines essential in all areas
- Extensive experience working in a large accountancy practice (Top 10 desirable)
- PQE of 3 years minimum
- Technically strong, with a working knowledge of UK GAAP/FRS 102
- Working knowledge of VAT
- Extensive experience in producing Statutory Accounts
- Good attention to detail and a propensity to achieve uniform standards of presentation and communication;
- Excellent systems experience including proficiency in G Suite (this can be trained if necessary).
- Analytical knowledge
- Experienced at implementing change to maximise efficiency in processes, results and team structure.
- Experience in producing R & D reports/claims (desirable)
- Experience of large property portfolios and required reporting (desirable)