Pupil Referral Unit located in Merton is recruiting for a long term, full time Finance & Admin Assistant to start immediately!
Inspiring Head who has great vision for this Pupil Referral Unit in Merton with high expectations of the PRUs students. Students who attend have a range of SEN such as SEMH/ CAMHS/ ODD/ ASD/ ADHD etc.
Exciting opportunity has arisen for a Finance and Admin Assistant to cover an ongoing long term sickness. The successful Admin & Finance Assistant must be computer literate with great finance and admin skills with great experience of the SIMS system. You will preferably have FMS experience within finance.** Please note you will NOT be short listed if you HAVE NOT ever worked as an Admin Assistant OR Finance Assistant in an Educational setting.**
- MUST have worked as a Finance & Admin Assistant in EITHER a PRU/ Secondary School/ Primary School/ SEN School / College or Alternative Provision.
- Excellent Communication Skills (written and verbal), as would be drafting letters for stakeholders and students.
- Excellent Finance and Admin skills
- SIMS experience
- FMS experience
- Minimum of a "C" in both Maths and English (GCSEs)
- Intermediate to Advanced in Microsoft Office (Word/ Excel and Powerpoint)
- Minimum of 3 years experience in an Admin/Finance post in an Education Setting
- Communicating with other schools, external agencies, other institutions, potential students & government depts.
- Assist in the management of the Secondary Schools admin, support systems & activities that ensure the smooth running of the institution
- Safeguarding the welfare of their pupils
- Standard Administrative systems, working practices and processes.
- Managing the email box & answering the Secondary Schools phone
- Raising new initiatives as the school administrator in order to raise awareness the community, parents and school staff
- Facilitating in the purchasing & maintenance of office equipment (ie printers , scanners, photocopiers and computers).