Financial Controller - Global Manufacturing £55,000 - £60,000 - Craigavon - Permanent & Full Time
Reed Finance is delighted to be partnered with a global manufacturing client in County Armagh, in the appointment of an experienced and motivated Financial Controller.
This is a fantastic new role and an opportunity to join an ambitious, growing company, where you will have lots of autonomy where your decisions will really make a difference to the business. In return you will have the chance to develop your skills and experience.The Role
The Financial Controller will be a key member of the Finance team, reporting to the Finance Director. The individual will implement strong and secure processes and build strong relationships with key stakeholders.Key responsibilities & duties include:
- Make a significant contribution to the ongoing success of the business as part of the senior management team.
- Play a leading role in the day to day financial and accountancy function including:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts & month-end closing, ensuring accurate financial results are reported on a timely basis.
- Coordination of results & reporting within overall Group as part of internal ERP system.
- Oversee team on preparation of quarterly VAT, and monthly PAYE and pension returns.
- Oversee maintenance of sales and purchase ledgers.
- Key supporting role within working capital management to include credit control, stock management and rolling cashflow forecasts.
- Preparation of audit files for external auditors and coordination with external providers of business support (R+D tax credits etc).
- Assist the FD with contribution to the strategic business plans through the implementation of a robust corporate financial strategy
- Be an integral member of the Senior Management Team - production of strategy documents and associated forecasting & projections, annual budgets or analysis of performance
- Working with the Senior team to develop & implement strategy for IT across all functions.
- Monitor spending, recommending ways to reduce cost & increase profit.
- Generate and monitor appropriate key performance indicators generating insights and creating an effective link between information and decision making.
- Produce detailed product costings and develop efficient costing systems, undertaking cost analysis to identify opportunities for savings.
- Support the senior team as it looks to drive profitability by providing clarity & transparency around performance with insightful analysis to unlock profit improvement.
- Undertake and manage projects as required by the FD & Operations Director, in particular in the areas of Innovation and high-level evaluation of operational opportunities.
- Develop & prepare Scenario Cost Model analysis to aid decision making process.
- A full job description is available upon request
- 5 years PQ experienced (CIMA / ACA / ACCA) accountant with manufacturing, engineering, or a related industry experience and a proven track record in financial management.
For more information, please call Laurence Jago at Reed Finance Belfast as soon as possible and in complete confidence.
- Strong IT skills - advanced Excel & PowerPoint are critical, previous experience of using an integrated ERP system a distinct advantage.
- Experience in Project management, implementation of Management Information systems.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Treasury & FX experience would be seen as an advantage.