A leading international development organisation are looking for a new Programme Communications Manager to join asap for a 6 months contract. Ideally you must have international development experience and have worked on programme communications with strong case study experience.
A leading international development organisation in London. Support hybrid working and based in East London
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with experience across each of the communications channels (case study gathering, media relations, digital content development, stakeholder engagement and internal communications) and who can work across several project areas. Working closely with our programmes and policy colleagues, this role will be contribute to telling an engaging story to our stakeholder groups both externally and internally.
The organisation are seeking a Programme Communications and Media Manager:
You will lead on Programme Communications, Media Relations and Social Media Communications
Joining a small and creative team, the Programme Communications and Media Manager will support the org's work on the ground - delivering programmes, business pilots and policy - across Asia and Africa. The candidate will be an organised, proactive communications professional, who is politically astute and committed to delivering partnerships with industry stakeholders.
Extensive experience in media relations with demonstrable track-record of success in both crisis management and placing proactive stories.
* Successful at planning and delivering multi-media campaigns and demonstrable success in growing social media networks.
* In depth knowledge and experience of working with programme beneficiaries - sharing their stories and experiences, including being mindful of sensitivities and consent processes.
* Experience of working with remote and international teams, across multiple sectors such as NGO's, Public and Private sectors.
* Experience of working with companies on corporate responsibility or ethical supply issues.
* Creating evaluations and report on ROI for mainstream media and social media activity.
* Participated in or conducted media training workshops.
* Has led in the creation of video and image content.
6 months contract
Opportunity to apply for the permanent position
Opportunity to take the role on a 4 day a week basis
ASAP start - CV and 1 page cover letter required
Reporting into the Head of Communications
Hybrid working model