Our client is a leading distribution business who have bounced back strongly after the pandemic and as a result are looking for an eager Assistant Accountant (AAT Qualified or Studying or Qualified by Experience) to join their team. The role will be based out of their regional office, close to Dorking, and will be responsible for assisting in the smooth running of the finance department including the supporting of senior management with management accounting, financial reporting, control and treasury administration duties.
If you are looking for a fulfilling role to complement your learning and further develop your analytical accounting skills, this could be the right step for you. A market competitive salary is on offer alongside an extensive benefits package including generous holiday and performance bonus within a friendly and supportive organisation. Initially this role will be a three month fixed term contract with a view to going permanent after.
Typical duties as Assistant Accountant include:
- Assisting towards the month end process
- Dual support to Accounts Payable and Receivable functions
- Financial analysis and creating reports for senior management
- Profit & Loss
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Liaising with third parties, building key relationships
- Adhoc project related tasks
We are looking for the following attributes for the role:
- Previous experience of a busy and varied role within an accounts function
- AAT Qualified or actively studying, or Qualified by Experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, calm and collective under pressure
- Numerical and analytical
- Strong IT Skills including MS Excel
- Good team player
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only short listed applicants will be contacted in relation to this vacancy. We do however value your details and will retain them on file to enable our consultants to contact you should a suitable opportunity arise.