Job Title: Art and Performance Tutor (Term Time Only)
Location: Lancaster FY4 3JU
Reporting to: Pathway Coordinator
Salary: £18,000 -£19,440
Salutem Care and Education have services across England and Wales supporting adults and children in residential and educational environments.
Individuals we support become part of a Salutem family, where they can be themselves, thrive, and love the life they live. We are immensely proud of the part we play in creating meaningful days and fulfilled lives for everyone at Salutem, and that includes those who work for us. The opportunities and prospects really are limitless, and that's why you should consider becoming part of our family.
You are a superhero to all the young people we support, making a difference in their lives every day. You You overcome daily challenges to achieve a safe, stimulating and supportive educational experience for all our students, supporting the next generation to reach their full potential and helping them to achieve their greatest goals and aspirations.
· To provide a facilitative and inclusive management style establishing and maintaining productive, collaborative relations with internal and external stakeholders
· To promote a culture of high standards, expectations and continuous improvement that values and empowers staff and encourages team members to maximise their potential through continuous learning whilst challenging and dealing with under performance.
· To recruit, manage and develop staff within the college's HR and operational policies and procedures
· To utilise volunteers appropriately within your department
· To work seamlessly across department or team boundaries in a collaborative and constructive manner to achieve the college aims.
· To demonstrate a commitment to customer service excellence and deliver against the requirements of college quality framework.
· To work within college's policies and procedures at all times.
· Contributing to transition processes by undertaking Initial Assessments, attending Student Path Meetings and Reviews and contributing to the setting of student Aims of Placement.
· Setting Expected Outcomes for a caseload of students
· Responsibility for the planning, delivery and assessment of learning programmes and sessions that meet the needs of each young person and their Aims of Placement
· Responsibility for monitoring assessing, reviewing, recording and reporting on student progress in line with the curriculum quality cycle
· Responsibility for completing and following risk assessments of curricular activities both in and outside of the college
· Responsibility for ensuring therapeutic opportunities are embedded into students' programmes
· Responsibility for liaising with external services and agencies, students' parents and carers on a day to day basis as agreed with line manager
· Responsibility for contributing towards the Governors Report, the on-going development of the Beaumont college website and the development of social networking through the line-manager
· Contributing to the operational management of staff and deploying effectively to meet the needs the needs of the students
· Contributing to the quality improvement and self-assessment activity within the service
· Responsibility for the line management of a small staff team
As a valued member of our family, we offer:
• COVID-19 Vaccination
• Key Worker status
• Competitive rates of pay dependant on experience.
• Wagestream - our financial planning app, making it easier to access and manage your finances and allowing you to access up to 30% of your pay throughout the month as and when you need it.
• Training/Qualification Opportunities - (mention specific courses/qualifications they can get while in the role if applicable) In addition to the company induction, you will also receive bespoke specialist training that reflects the needs of the service and your personal development.
• Internal progression opportunities - We're committed to supporting your learning and upskilling, and will support you to reach your full potential and progress in your career with us.
• Induction - You will undertake a bespoke induction programme tailored to your specific job role and will complete training through a blended learning approach
• Perkbox - We have a great employee benefits platform called Perkbox, this includes over 200 different exclusive perks and discounts such as cinema tickets, flights/holidays, theme parks, days out plus much more!
• Employee Support Helpline - You will have access to a private and confidential employee support helpline, covering a wide range of topics including financial advice, health and well-being and more. This is all available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
due to nature of the role it is mandatory to have covid-19 vaccine