*Financial Controller - London*
City Cruises UK is part of the City Experiences division of the Hornblower Group, a global leader in world-class experiences and transportation services. We operate public dining and sightseeing cruises as well as private charters for corporate events, birthday parties, weddings, or other special occasions across London, Poole and York.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Financial Controller will be responsible for day-to-day financial transactions, weekly & monthly financial reporting and financial controls. You must have the ability to report to and present to senior management with a can do attitude, enthusiasm and energy to add value to the business. To provide financial guidance and leadership to the entire business to ensure that all the day to day financial management processes are conducted in a compliant and auditable manner whilst adding commercial value to the business as a whole as it continues to grow and develop.
*Essential Duties & Responsibilities:*
* Ensuring that all monthly management information and financial reporting is prepared in line with the Hornblower Group month end timetable.
* Analysing variances and commentary in support of monthly management accounts
* Maintaining effective financial controls and ensure compliance policies are current and adhered to
* Key participant in annual external audits to ensure compliance
* Assisting the Finance Director in preparing annual budgets and regular forecasts
* Business partner with other departments within the Business on areas such as budgets and forecast. Including regular reviews.
* Liaise with Hornblower US finance teams on system and process improvements
* Managing, developing and providing leadership to the finance team
* Ensuring the accurate and timely completion and filing of all Statutory Accounts, Corporation tax returns and VAT returns for the Company.
* Demonstrating and promoting the Company' leadership behaviours on a day to day basis within the team
* Assisting with establishing, maintaining, and co-ordinating the implementation of accounting control procedures
* Preparation of both management and statutory accounts, for review with FD.
* Ensuing accuracy of Balance Sheet, inter-company, specific customer accounts and end of the month bank reconciliations
* Supervising the purchase ledger and ensuring that supplier statements are reconciled on a monthly basis.
* Supervising and ensuring the accuracy of accruals, prepayments, fixed assets and stock
* Providing assistance to all departments on financial matters
* Manage the refunds process within the business.
* Preparation of cash flows
* Resolving accounting discrepancies and Be an Ambassador for our RESPECT Service System
* Be an Ambassador for our RESPECT Service System
* Any Ad-hoc duties as requested by the Finance Director or Managing Director
*Requirements & Qualifications:*
* Professional Accounting Qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent)
* Experience of producing insightful and relevant management information
* Demonstrable experience of business partnering to other areas of the business
* Experience of managing a finance team
* Experience of strong controls and process improvements
* Excellent numeracy and written skills
* Advanced level I.T. skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
* Experience of Microsoft Dynamics GP desirable but not essential
* Excellent organisational and time management skills
* Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise workload
* Flexible, can-do attitude with the ability to react calmly in a pressurised situation
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV for consideration.