Support Desk Technician
When registering to this job board you will be reduirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
TruTac, part of the Microlise Group, provides market-leading expertise across logistics software, data and compliance. Market leaders for over 30 years, we provide quality, cost-effective, integrated software solutions to improve safety, efficiency and compliance. We design and develop our software in-house and through the commitment, drive and experience of our team, have forged long-term relationships with our clients.
Due to recent growth and future expansion plans, we are now looking for someone to join our Customer Support Helpdesk in the TruTac family! You will work with the Support team to provide support and training to our Customers on our company products. You will respond to customer queries by telephone and email in a timely manner, and escalate any queries where necessary.
You will be based primarily at our Coventry office in the Midlands, however, in line with government guidelines you may work remotely initially. You will have either information technology and software customer support experience or commercial transportation industry related knowledge, but a general customer service background would be considered also.
What will you be doing?
* Installing Company software remotely to customer PC's
* Undertake a range of tasks in relation to customer IT support
* Deal with customer enquiries efficiently and diligently
* Understand and comply with policies and procedures
* Understand the Hours Law for HGV and PSV drivers
* Carry out work in a safe and diligent manner
* After Sales care
* Comply with all Health & Safety policies and procedures
* Attend and fully participate regular training and development reviews with line management, mentor, HR representatives and other nominated representatives.
What we're looking for?
* Demonstrable experience operating a technical help desk, dealing with queries and providing advice and guidance
* Experience working within the technology or telematics industry would be highly advantageous
* Experience of working with Microsoft packages (e.g. outlook 365, word or excel)
* Experience working with a desktop computer and a range of peripheral hardware
* Strong customer service skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills through a range of methods (e.g. face to face, email, or telephone)
* Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy with attention to detail and experience of inputting electronic records on a CRM system
* Tact and discretion and proven ability to work with confidential information
* Technical and administrative knowledge to support the help desk experience
* Evidence of an interest in providing excellent customer support
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established software company who specialise in transportation software - SaaS, Tachographs, Compliance, with a great working atmosphere. If you're customer focused and looking for a new opportunity with a great company, then we want to hear from you!
This is a great opportunity to work for a growing technology company, who have been established over 30 years. We know that the key to our success is our people, which is why we offer excellent benefits such as;
* 25 days holiday, not including bank holidays, increasing with service
* Private Medical Insurance
* Dental Care
* Excellent career progression
* Flexible and relaxed work environment
We will be holding interviews face to face and remotely, whilst the vacancy is live, so don't delay getting your application in!
Please note that we have a preferred supply list of agencies and we do not accept speculative CVs