Accounts Assistant - French SpeakingLocation:
Blackburn, BB1 2FAHours:
Full-Time / PermanentSalary:
£23,000Who are Euro Garages?
EG Group is a leading global independent fuel station and convenience retail operator with operations at over 5,600 sites across Continental Europe, the United Kingdom, North America and Australia.
The Group has enjoyed significant growth, with 2019 revenues in excess of €18bn (surpassing €22bn including the full year impact of acquisitions). The Group provides fuel, convenience retail and food to go to consumers through partnerships with global brands including Starbucks, Subway, Spar, Greggs, KFC and Burger King. What will my role look like?
Our EG Finance team is expanding and we have an opportunity available for a French Speaker!
We are looking to speak to motivated candidates who have a can do attitude. Although some finance experience is required we will provide full training. So if you are looking to work in finance and want the opportunity to progress within a successful business then this role will be ideal for you.
In this role you will be part of the Accounts Payable team which is responsible for the full end to end sales process for the business.What would my main responsibilities be?
Do I have what it takes?
- Receive and record invoices from suppliers
- Obtain receipts or other verification when accounts were paid
- Process the invoices and attach that information to the relative project or department for job costing and financial statement purposes
- Match and file invoices with their matching receipts
- Record and compare invoices received with estimates and/or forecasts
- Make sure invoices are approved in time to meet established payment cycle
- Remit payments on invoices as directed by Accounts Payable management
- Work in accordance with the payment process outlined by the Accounts Payable manager
- Prepare and administer payroll as directed by Accounts Payable management
What's in it for me?
- Fluent French Speaker
- Finance qualification / degree / AAT
- Previous finance experience / knowledge
- Attention to detail
EG Cares is our benefits & rewards scheme, it's our way of saying thank you to our EG family in recognition of the continued support and commitment you deliver every day.Competitive Annual Leave
- We know our employees work hard so we offer competitive annual leave allowances so you can enjoy well deserved time off work!Work Anniversary Awards
- We appreciate how loyal our employees are and to say thank you we reward colleagues when you hit milestones!Employee Discounts -
You will be entitled to 15% off our food-to-go brands and 10% our retail stores, not only this our EG Cares platform entitles you to exclusive discounts at a variety of clothing / retail stores, restaurants, cinemas and much more!Free Parking
- We have free onsite parking at our Head Office in Blackburn which is safe and secure with 24hr CCTV!Waterside Cafe
- With the opening of our new head office we are revolutionizing lunch time with a state of the art employee area for colleagues to relax, dine and unwind. In house Chefs will freshly prepare meals from a large menu incorporating a variety of different cuisines which will change daily, and meals will be provided at incredibly low prices!Cycle to Work Scheme
- We care about your health and encourage employees to cycle to work, we can help you save money on a new bicycle!Employee Assistance Programme
- Telephone counselling and confidential support for personal / legal / medical / health and wellbeing issues is now available 24/7 for our employees through our EG Cares Employee Assistance Programme! Death in Service
-At EG Group, we believe employees can be their best when they feel supported and have benefit plans that give them security and peace of mind!Learning & Development -
We are committed to helping you develop new skills to be the best version of you!Our People -
You will work alongside our amazing employees, have fun and be a part of our family!Free Eye Test -
As a valued EG Employee you will be eligible to receive a free eye examination every two years!Progression & Career Opportunities -
We look to promote and progress our employees within the business and we are very passionate about internal progression! As the business expands it opens new opportunities for growth... the opportunities really are endless with Euro GaragesCompassionate Leave -
We care about our employees and offer 3 days paid compassionate leave