Domus are recruiting for a Deputy Manager on the Hayling Island, exclusively on behalf of a National Charity within the Health and Social Care sector.
You will work closely and support the Registered Manager within a small residential service for adults with Learning Disabilities and Autism.
You will also take the lead by driving performance, setting the pace and direction within services, promoting a positive and passionate culture and ensuring that services are appropriately and effectively resourced to change lives for the better.
This is a great opportunity to make a genuine difference where you will be responsible for leading an engaged and motivated team to change lives deliver person-centred outcomes for every person supported!Key Responsibilities of a Deputy Manager:
Key requirements a Deputy Manager must have:
- Support the Home Manager with the running of the home and deputise in their absence
- Manage & supervise the preparation of Person-Centred Care Plans, Review & Assessments, implementing plans with the assistance of the care team.
- Provide leadership & advice to colleagues and undertake line management responsibilities
- Promote and demonstrate a positive culture, addressing and managing behaviours that fall below expectation
- Contribute to and have oversight of reviewing reports, records and care plans to ensure they remain compliant with legal and organisational requirements
- Manage systems and procedures effectively in a timely manner including colleague rotas and incident reporting
- Assess and ensure the quality of care given is of a high standard by supporting the manager to implement processes
- Identify and implement improvements within the service
- Undertake direct care to the people we support as required
- This list is not exhaustive, for full responsibilities please request a job description
- Must hold an NVQ Level 3, ideally hold or be working towards NVQ Level 5
- Experience of leading & managing a team within a health care setting and experience of delivering care
- Ideally have experience of administering medication
- Knowledge and understanding of working with Complex Needs/Autism/Challenging behaviour
- Understanding of safeguarding adults at risk, health & safety requirements related to running a care home and infection control
- Understanding of the regulations and legislation within the care profession
- Understanding of CQC, national minimum standards and key care principles
If you are interested in the above Deputy Manager vacancy, please call Michael at Domus Recruitment.Don't keep a good thing to yourself - Recommend a friend!!
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to on-going learning and development
- 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holiday)
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to a free app offering retail discounts, leisure savings and holiday and travel discounts
- Employee of the month and other recognition schemes
- Employee Assistant programme - available 24/7
- Wellbeing Fund
- Paid DBS check
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme - £200 pounds worth of high street shopping vouchers if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.