Globally, Berenberg has raised £15.6bn across 69 transactions in H1 2021, including 22 IPOs, with significant momentum across Europe and the USA including leading Europe's first SPACs. We continue to grow our presence internationally with offices in 17 cities and an expansion into Brussels and Stockholm coming in H2 2021.
H1 2021 has been a very busy period for the UK Investment Banking team during which we raised over £1.6bn across 15 UK ECM transactions. Berenberg ranked #1 for AIM market ECM Issuance in H1 2021, and was successfully approved by the LSE as Nominated Adviser for AIM. We acted on 4 UK IPOs including tinyBuild, a US based developer/publisher of indie video games, which was the largest AIM IPO since our Yellow Cake IPO in 2018, as well as Darktrace, a world-leading cybersecurity company, Trustpilot and Supreme, and being appointed as an adviser to Endeavour Mining on their Premium Listing IPO. We also continued to grow our corporate broking franchise, winning 9 clients since the start of 2021.
· Working with the wider team to provide on-going corporate broking advice to Berenberg's UK corporate clients on both the AIM and Main Market, including but not limited to advice on raising funds via the capital markets, advising on Initial Public Offerings (IPOs), primary and secondary placings and M&A transactions;
· Keeping abreast of daily developments in the Equity markets, in economics and in geopolitics and how these influence a client's share price;
· Preparing strategic presentation materials for company boards and for use in company pitches;
· Undertaking detailed sector and company research on an ad-hoc basis including valuation exercises;
· Liaising with Research and Sales teams on roadshows and conferences;
· Attending meetings and calls with mandated and potential clients.
· Stellar academic results - educated to degree level at a top university with a minimum 2.1;
· ACA qualification from a Big4 accounting firm, 1st time passes preferable and exposure to a range of clients;
· 1 - 2 years of experience in Banking & Capital Markets, Valuations, Advisory, Transaction Services departments or similar is highly advantageous or previous internships with investment banking;
· Excellent quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills;
· Strong attention to detail and commitment to a high quality of work;
· Clear motivations for moving into the investment banking world, up to date knowledge on the equity markets and recent transactions