Al Rayan Bank is a growing, ethical and incredibly diverse bank based in new offices in the leafy suburb of Edgbaston, a stone's throw away from central Birmingham. As part of the Masraf Al Rayan Group which is the 2nd largest bank in Qatar, we've got exciting growth plans and aim to deliver a professional, first class service to our customers. As a business, we are going through a period of positive change with a focus on diversity and inclusion and cultural transformation including a real focus on flexibility and work life balance going forward. The business is having one of its most profitable years to date.
We are on the lookout for a Senior Project Manager (SPM)!. The SPM is responsible for the management of PMs including line management responsibility for direct reports to ensure alignment, support, and motivation to the team. Responsibilities also include the management of multiple projects, with varying degrees of complexity, simultaneously. The Senior PM is accountable for the effective and efficient delivery of the assigned Change projects to support the Banks strategic objectives.Key responsibilities and tasks
- Working collaboratively with third parties and internal stakeholders to deliver individual and team projects managed by Change to ensure business objectives are achieved. Be the first point of escalation and resolution for PMs, motivating and supporting them.
- Building and managing a plan for delivery and identification and resolution of project risks and issues. Escalating according to change policy and framework.
- Defining and managing scope via the Change Policy and Framework.
- Defining and managing the resource requirements over the short, medium & long term.
- Understanding and reporting the financial position of the project at any given time and accurately forecasting the funding needed to deliver successfully.
- Anticipation, identification and mitigation of all risks, issues & dependencies that could arise throughout that could derail the project from being a success.
- To effectively motivate, lead and inspire the project team to deliver the desired outcomes to ensure successful delivery.
- Ensuring all stakeholders are kept informed with accurate information in a timely manner, depending on their varying interests.
- Ensuring projects are delivered with the appropriate level of control.
- Working with project sponsors to develop and document an appropriate business case, including the Identification and mapping of hard and soft benefits.
- Responsible for the development and management of successful release and cut over plans into the business.
- Creation of a benefits realisation strategy and plan for the business to own and deliver against.
- Assist in the Interviewing and hiring of candidates to support project delivery.
- Be a role model for junior members of the team.
- Experience of delivering multiple projects of varying degrees of complexity, simultaneously within a financial services environment
- Either line management responsibility or providing support and mentoring to other PMs
- Third party vendor management during project delivery
- Passionate about efficient & effective delivery of customer outcomes.
- Curious minded, constantly learning to ensure continuous improvement.
- Fantastic communicator and story-narrator to engage and inspire people of all disciplines and at all levels.
- Able to work on own initiative and managing business and change stakeholders as part of the project remit.
- A real team player, who is happy to work collaboratively and support what is needed to achieve the desired outcome.
- Implementor of the right controls in order to track progress and more effectively deliver.
- Proven track record or leading, motivating and developing teams to achieve outcomes.
- Analytical, innovative and enquiring approach and the ability to work autonomously and take initiative where required.
- Self-motivated, self-managing with an entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to adapt to changing situations.
- Energetic, with a desire to get things done.
- Strong organisational and personal effectiveness skills, with ability to get on with people.
- Assertiveness, strength and ability to discuss, explain and support doing the right thing.
- The ability to coach team members to achieve more than they think feasible.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our growing bank where we can offer exceptional opportunities for you to make your mark and progress your career in a diverse, ethical bank that you can actually believe in.
Empowering your career, together we'll deliver banking you can believe in.