An opportunity has arisen with a well-established firm in the Newport City Centre area to join their specialist Personal Injury litigation team.
Our client specialises in personal injury in line with their other business areas and acts on behalf of clients who have had accidents in work, accidents in a public place, road traffic accidents, and criminal injury along with other areas. This law firm has over 100 employees and is growing consistently. Duties:
KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONSEssential
- Assist and provide a range of legal support and administration to Partners, fee earners and other legal professionals.
- To effectively manage all aspects of cases allocated and where necessary provide support to Partners and Solicitors within the Department/Firm.
- To act for clients in a range of matters relating to Personal Injury and manage all client work allocated in accordance with the Firm's standards.
- To effectively undertake all assigned tasks allocated and where necessary provide support to the wider Department and/or Firm.
- Knowledge of litigation processes and understanding of legislation relevant to work type.
- Law Degree & LPC or recognised equivalent.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- High Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Packages including word, outlook e-mail, outlook diary functions.
- Experience of working in a litigation team in a fee earning capacity and working to and dealing with court deadlines.
- Experience of drafting legal documents and supporting senior fee earners where necessary.
- Previous experience of working in fee earning capacity and running own caseload and experience of quantifying claims.