Keeping millions of global customers engaged through entertainment 24 hours a day, seven days a week takes the insight, intelligence and ingenuity of a global team of switched-on media professionals. We are QVC. The world's biggest broadcaster-retailer and the 2nd largest online retailer. Always on - and on a mission to change the way the world shops.
Job Description Details
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Data Privacy Analyst, to Lead privacy assessments of Qurate Retail Group general internal uses of personal data; conduct data protection impact assessments (DPIAs) for higher risk internal uses of personal data or where required by law; collaborate with privacy transaction team where DPIAs include third parties; lead regular reviews of previously completed DPIAs to identify and assess changes; provide legal privacy support for data mapping activities and assisting with DSARs, vendor and DPA reviews. Assisting on International transfers and TIAs. Work with, and influence, key stakeholders on implementing privacy best practices, including privacy-by-design requirements
- Assist in developing and providing privacy training and privacy communications for QI team members.
- Promote privacy awareness and best practices through specialized training for targeted groups, regular outreach to key internal users of personal data, and creation of content for communications and privacy awareness activities.
- Handle (and escalate as needed) day-to-day responses to business requests for direction from privacy team and to external requests (e.g., from customers) about uses of personal data. Addressing adhoc queries on the UK GDPR and PECR and ICO Guidance.
- Assist in designing, implementing and periodically reviewing policies, notices, and practices to facilitate compliance with existing or new privacy obligations and to enable continuous process improvement. Assist in creating and maintaining playbooks / SOPs for privacy processes (e.g., data subject request fulfilment; incident/event reporting). Research and monitor changes in privacy law and laws affecting personal data retention obligations.
- Assist in other projects in support of global data privacy and information governance programme.
Skills and Experience:
- Extensive years' experience with monitoring and enforcing privacy laws.
- Prior experience supporting a privacy program within a business.
- Knowledge of privacy laws, including GDPR, ePrivacy including PECR, UK GDPR, and ability to implement requirements into company uses of personal data.
- Familiarity with conducting and assessing effectiveness of data mapping and inventory activities, including alignment to data subject request requirements.
- Management and Operational experience in the implementation, monitoring and enforcement of Legal and operational requirements.
- Experience with responding to external inquiries from customers and others with respect to company uses of personal data.
- Prior experience in maintaining and supporting a privacy program within a business.
- Prior experience managing or assisting with data breach responses.
- Ability to apply data privacy and records principles in a global business-to-consumer organisation.
- Maintain continuing awareness of changes in privacy laws, court cases and developing trends.
- Familiarity with, and incorporating privacy-by-design practices into, uses of software, cloud solutions, and other technology that processes information, including personal information.
- Prioritize, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to exercise influence within the organization to obtain consensus from internal stakeholders who are affected by privacy activities.
- Engage with stakeholders across business groups and QRG locations to obtain thorough understanding of QRG's business processes, applications, policies and other practices as they relate to privacy.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate with credibility and enforce QRG's data privacy policies internally and externally with the goal of informing, educating, and advocating for good privacy practices.
- Ability to influence others.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including in English.
- Strong computer skills with customary business programs (e.g., Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Bachelor's degree, CIPP certification.
- Extensive years' experience in conducting data privacy compliance activities at a consumer-oriented business.
At QVC we see it like this, you spend a third of your life in work, so work happy* Live better.