Goodman Masson are partnered with a prestigious non-profit organisation to recruit for their new Deputy Head of Finance. The role will report into their Head of Finance, overseeing financial management, statutory reporting and tax to the organisation and its subsidiaries.
You will be a qualified Accountant with experience overseeing the preparation of statutory accounts and managing the year end audit within the charity sector. Up to date knowledge of charity SORP is required.Day to day duties:
- Managing and developing a small team
- Overseeing the preparation of statutory group and subsidiary accounts
- Reviewing the accuracy of Corporation tax and VAT returns
- Documenting and testing internal controls
- Working with the management accountant to support the preparation of management accounts
- Providing support, advice and guidance to budget holders and business managers
- Plan the annual audit and liaise with auditors
- CCAB qualified or equivalent
- Strong management and statutory accounting experience
- Managed teams within a charity environment
- Knowledge of charity SORP
Please apply as soon as possible to ensure your details are considered.