Luxury Beauty - Fragrance & Skin
Veblen are proud to be partnering with a growing investment fund operating within the beauty arena. Their portfolio consists of high profile established international brands within Niche Fragrance and skincare.
Due to growth, we are looking for an innovative Procurement Manager to join their supply chain team and work across their portfolio.
The Procurement Manager will head purchasing processes from rationalizing the existing vendors customer base, selecting new suppliers, to ensuring demand needs and stock optimization, as well as provide guidance on sourcing and procurement processes.
The Procurement Manager will be also a Supply Chain and Logistics expert who will specialize in implementing cost-effective purchases of all goods and services, as required by the company. Adhering to the company's policies and procedures on supply chain management will be some of your main priorities when carrying out this role.
Procurement Manager Responsibilities:
- Developing procurement strategies that are inventive and cost-effective, without compromising on quality.
- Sourcing and engaging reliable suppliers and vendors, ensuring due diligence for all are in accordance for contracts, quality, cost control, and receiving of goods.
• Negotiating with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Reviewing and improving the terms of the existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure on-going feasibility
- Building and maintaining long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers, ensuring continuity of timely supply and cost competitiveness.
- Approving purchase orders and organizing and confirming on time delivery of goods and services.
• Performing risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements.
- Controlling the procurement budget and promoting a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Supervising and evaluating all purchasing activities, ensuring seamless production.
- Overseeing and managing the IT systems that track incoming shipments, inventory and the supply of goods, ensuring data integrity and maintenance.
• Preparing procurement reports.
- Provide market trends, and intelligence reports to Supply Chain & Operations Director.
Procurement Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, logistics, or business administration.
- Proven experience managing supply chain operations, ideally in the perfume/cosmetics industry.
• Experience using supply chain management software and tools, including SAP.
- In-depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing contracts and negotiation terms.
- Excellent problem solving and evaluation skills, with the ability to demonstrate critical analysis.
• Strong relationship management skills.
- Self-driven individual with strong influencing capabilities and negotiation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (eg. Excel).
• Management and leadership skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Knowledge of French and/or Italian is a plus.