Welder FabricatorLong Term Temporary Role£13.50 (PAYE) + lots of paid overtime at £20.25 (PAYE)DerbyshireThe Company
With a history spanning more than 60 years, my client has been the company to go to for power generation, materials handling and similar heavier engineering projects.
With the award of several new projects and a healthy order book, they are now to boost their manufacturing team with an additional Welder Fabricator to work out of their impressive Derbyshire facility.The Role
All parts are usually laser cut and it's this 'jigsaw' that you'll be welding and fabricating based on the engineering drawings.
This role will be shop floor based and you'll be responsible for the following aspects:
- Working from engineering drawings to weld and fabricate steel items (chutes, hoppers, supports etc.).
- MIG welding 3mm/6mm/8mm/10mm/12mm steel, with flanges at 20mm
- Typically this includes single fillets, butt welds and some single runs
- Checking your work to ensure the quality and welds are suitable for the role they're going to be used for
In order to be considered for this role there's a number of things that will need to be in your background and experience. These include:
- Proven experience of MIG welding and fabricating at the heavier end of engineering
- An ability to work and weld/fabricate the gauges of steel mentioned above.
- An ability to work from engineering drawings and creating straight, flat and square items
- Proven ability to work within a team and on your own, depending on where you are in the project.
Hours of work are 0730 to 1600 Monday to Thursday, and 0700 to 1500 Friday.
Currently overtime is an extra 1 hour per day and from 0700-1200 on a Saturday - all at enhanced rates.The Rewards
In addition to working with an established and respected company, you'll also receive:
- A good hourly rate for core hours
- Overtime at enhanced rates
- An ongoing temporary position
- Excellent working environment