To manage all aspects of the student store selling grocery, chilled, frozen, alcohol etc over 7 days. To manage the onsite Subway store. To manage vending and coffee machines across campus. To support with managing other outlets on site including cafes and restaurants. To provide strategy and innovation to improve the Company's reputation for quality, and enhance client and customer experience, creating a wow. Responsible for ensuring compliance of Health, Safety, Food Hygiene and COSHH regulations across campus. Drive sales through centrally driven plans and promotions and ensure compliance through preferred suppliers. To ensure the highest standards and attention to detail are achieved always in marketing, presentation and menu display. HR requirements involved with staff to support the Ops Manager. Recruitment, training, induction. Be flexible to work across retail, hospitality and food outlets as the business requires. . What we'll give:
More about the role:
- £29600 per annum depending on experience
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
Who you are:
- To manage the retail grocery store and Subway to the highest of standards
- To ensure staff are trained
- To complete staff rotas within budget and ensure all shifts are covered
- To ensure compliance of food, health and safety across campus
- To drive sales through innovation
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with the Client
- Take an active part in any unit sales promotions and make suggestions to help increase sales
- To ensure compliance of the allergen process and recipe procedure
- To ensure our sustainability goals are achieved
- To ensure compliance in all areas
- To control wastage on campus
- To manage vending across campus
Who we are:
- Min. 2 years leadership experience driving innovation and standards in a retail environment
- Management experience of over 15 staff
- Proven exceptional standard in production, presentation and service
- Experience in training staff on production and presentation
- Ability to work alongside the management Team, ensuring great consistent quality, always.
- To be flexible to work across campus and hospitality to meet the business needs
- Great customer rapport
- Passion about customer service
- Knowledge of working to a budget and achieving GP
- A great eye for detail, passion for food and retail and desire to make a difference.
- Must be flexible to work across 7 days including occasional evenings when required
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!Chartwells
, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.
This job was originally posted as www.caterer.com/job/94349451