Faculty AI is looking to appoint our new Head of PR and Communications to lead our communication strategy. In this role, you'll be responsible for leading both our proactive and reactive strategies to build the profile of Faculty. You'll use well positioned content, seeded through a proactive PR approach to build awareness of the brand, and position the organisation in a positive light. You'll ensure that we're seen as a leading AI provider by the right people and that we tell our story in the most compelling way across different channels. You and your team will oversee PR, news management, crisis handling and internal communications. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, you will have responsibility for embedding our narrative and key messages across Faculty and all our collateral. This is an exciting opportunity to be a key part in the growth of Faculty, with the opportunity to build out the communication functions under your remit.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in developing and executing high-profile mainstream, corporate and consumer communications campaigns, managing press relations and translating complex issues into plain English. The role is hands-on and will lead proactive and reactive communications from planning to execution, managing an in-house team as well as external agencies.What You'll Be Doing
Who We're Looking For
- Building an exceptional understanding of the company to promote the work we do on a regular basis, through various outlets and tactics, whether it be primetime or local news, background briefings, case studies, thought leadership, blogs, op eds, or social media content. You will use storytelling and human interest to promote the real world impact of Faculty's work
- Develop a keen understanding of industry trends and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
- Maintain a comprehensive content calendar to position Faculty as a leader in its field.
- Support the events lead to ensure events are targeted at the right audiences and supporting the overall comms strategy
- Act as the key media contact for Faculty and leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts
- Prepare press briefings and packs and be prepared to provide media training across the company, supporting the leadership team as spokespeople
- Monitor, analyse and report on relevant news and on PR results
- Identify, pitch and land speaking and other PR opportunities for the leadership team
- Advise on and execute internal communications initiatives, building out the internal comms function
- Support and develop your direct reports
- Work closely with the marketing team, as 'one team' under the Marketing and Comms Director
- Prepare for any crisis handling, respond to all media queries and actively rebut inaccuracies
- There is also the opportunity for this person to be involved in our help build other comms functions as we grow
What We Can Offer You
- You'll have experience leading PR and communications strategy- ideally fast growth / start ups, but we are keen to hear from anyone with the relevant experience and skills - small scale, big in-house, government or agency
- You'll be comfortable working in a start up environment, where you will be a strategic thinker and planner, but also happy getting stuck in with execution and delivery. You will have a high degree of autonomy and so will need a passion for driving things forward yourself, while bringing others with you
- An excellent nose for a story and the know-how to get that story in front of people who need to see it
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills, able to write/edit engaging copy on topics of relevance for a business audience
- An eye for detail, keen news sense and excellent judgement
- Strong project management skills
- A willingness to step in and take on tasks that involve tight deadlines and working with multiple stakeholders
- An authentic, passionate, confident team player, who wants to deliver the best possible outcomes, while learning along the way
The Faculty team is diverse and distinctive, and we all come from different personal, professional and organisational backgrounds. We all have one thing in common we are driven by a deep intellectual curiosity that powers us forward each day. This curiosity pushes us to seek truth and understanding in everything we do, to execute work in a nimble and pragmatic manner, to foster talent in one another and always to challenge assumptions.
Faculty is the professional challenge of a lifetime. You'll be surrounded by an impressive group of brilliant minds working to advance our goal of making artificial intelligence real. Our consultants, product developers, business development specialists, operations professionals and more all bring something unique to Faculty, and you'll learn something new from everyone you meet. You'll also have the opportunity to make your mark on a high-growth start-up now poised to expand internationally.
Fostering talent is one of our core values, it's built into our culture and what we offer Genuinely flexible working
We believe people have needs, responsibilities and interests that require something different to a strict working day. We trust people to organise and take accountability for their own work and do our best to support their lives outside Faculty. Unlimited holidays
We encourage each other to use this time to take a break, work on personal projects, or to spend time with their friends and family. Breakfast and more fruit, drinks and snacks than you could ever eat provided
(for when you're in the office). Did we mention Yoga?
And finally, you'll meet colleagues from around the world who challenge your thinking and teach you new skills. You'll make friends and professional connections that will last a lifetime. We work hard and make sure we enjoy what we do. So we have frequent socials and informal get-togethers to help make sure you enjoy your time with us.