We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
Hear from Ed Stacey, Tax People Leader about what a career in Tax could mean for you - from development, to our culture, to what we value in our people when building our team.PwC's national Innovation and Capital Incentives (ICI) team are passionate about helping clients obtain the incentives and allowances available to support their investment in innovation and capital assets. Based in the Northern region (Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Glasgow, Edinburgh, and Aberdeen), we are a diverse team with a strong focus on growth. The role We are looking to recruit an individual at Manager level with experience of Capital Allowances and are keen to hear from people who are passionate about innovation, getting to know a broad range of businesses and having a direct role in growing our Capital Allowances practice.We are particularly focussed on candidates able to support us in:
Essential skills and experience
- Managing a portfolio of Capital Allowance clients and project delivery across these
- Preparation of Capital Allowance claims for submission to HMRC
- Managing client engagements and developing strong relationships with both our clients and internal stakeholders
- Preparing responses to or liaising with HMRC with regard to queries they have on Capital Allowance claims on behalf of our clients
- Advising clients and internal stakeholders on tax technical points
- Supervising juniors undertaking the work and apprising more senior stakeholders of progress
- Helping to identify and develop new opportunities, including involvement in pitching for work
Not the role for you?
- Excellent working knowledge of tax incentives and experience in preparing claims including; Capital Allowance claims, including elements such as R&D allowances and short life asset elections.
- Strong project management skills - able to manage several live projects at once and plan own workload.
- Excellent communication skills - the candidate will be expected to be the point of contact on the projects they manage supporting a range of stakeholders including client contacts, PwC staff in the incentives team and also in the wider tax practice.
- Coaching and delegation - the successful candidate will help other Managers and Senior Managers in the team coach and delegate a growing team of associates supporting the Capital Allowances team, helping them grow their technical expertise alongside their soft skills.
- Good written skills including report writing, technical memo drafting and concise advice notes for sharing with clients.
- Analytical skills for numerical analysis of client data.
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)?The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/applyDiversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.