The post holder, operating at Manager level, will be a member of the Enterprise-wide Risk Management (ERM) team working with the Strategic Risk Management Senior Manager and Carol Mynott, the ERM Director. The post holder will also work closely with Howard Scott, Head of Risk Management, on a day to day basis.
The ERM team is being expanded to support the Firm's ability to apply a strategic lens on risk, a priority for Alison Statham, Chief Risk Officer and General Counsel. Specifically, the team will be responsible for creating unique risk-based insights on upside and downside opportunities, supported by data and evidence, to be used by Senior Leadership in delivery of the Firm's strategy. The post holder will be responsible for driving the analytics that will generate the insights on potential strategic risk exposures for PwC.
In this capacity, the post holder is expected to:
- Produce and run the analytics that will form the basis of strategic risk management insights, including both descriptive and predictive analytics to inform insights on potential strategic risk exposures for PwC
- Interpret and curate data analysed to support Senior Leadership's ability to focus on key strategic exposures to the Firm
- Identify new metrics and risk indicators that should be measured for strategic risk management
- Support the preparation of a periodic risk insights report to be distributed to Senior Leadership, bringing insights informed by data analysis
- Drive the production of standard monitoring reports
- Manage the data infrastructure to be used for strategic risk data analytics and reporting
- Manage and optimise processes for sourcing and validating data, as well as visualising
- Co-ordinate with relevant PwC teams to source data, drive data quality enhancements and develop risk insights
- Provide suitable input into strategic and/or risk processes and ad-hoc initiatives on matters such as the Firm's key strategic exposures
- The post holder may be expected to provide oversight to a junior data analyst on a day-to-day basis.
The following skills are required for this role:
- Excellent at navigating datasets and leveraging a range of analytical techniques (including statistical analysis) to develop insights around potential strategic risk exposures
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills, including the ability to understand data and its implications to identify patterns and relevant strategic risk insights
- An ability to navigate between descriptive and predictive
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to synthesise information, present complex arguments, and make substantiated recommendations.
- Excellent data visualisation skills to support Senior Leadership's ability to act upon the data-driven strategic risk insights that are produced
- Excellent communication skills and ability to operate at MB /Senior management levels within the firm.
- Inclusive working style, including in terms of ability to collaborate effectively with other teams.
- An ability to operate independently is important, as is the capability to liaise with Risk Management, client facing and other senior professionals across the business depending on the issues concerned.
Not the role for you?
- Ability to use various data analysis tools and familiarity with programming languages
- Knowledge of risk management processes would be an advantage but training can be provided.
- A good practical understanding of the PwC strategy, including how the Firm is growing and disruptions it is facing.
- A good practical understanding of the working processes of the Firm including the interactions between Lines of Service and central operations would be an advantage.
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.Diversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.