About the Team:
Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) sits within our Risk Assurance practice as one of the fastest growing areas of the business. We help organisations in building resilience and navigating safely through complexity.
We have a large and fascinating portfolio of world class Government & Public Sector clients and you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of really exciting, challenging and career-advancing projects right from the start. The Accounting and Finance team within GRC are renowned for their practical approach when facing complex technical accounting issues or providing technical support on a range of complex financial matters.
You will be constantly learning, and your ideas will be welcomed in an atmosphere of innovation, collaboration and teamwork.
The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients, public services, and our firm.About the Role:
We support local authorities to evolve and meet the challenge of financial pressures safely. We have seen a rapid increase in demand from our local government clients for specialist technical accounting and finance support relating to new and innovative projects.
We are looking for qualified accountants who are passionate about public services to extend the depth and breadth of services we can offer in this area in a client facing Senior Manager role.
You will work closely with colleagues across all parts of the firm (audit, deals, corporate finance, consulting and tax) to provide tailored industry-specific advice to clients in Local Government and you will have the opportunity to expand into the broader public sector, such as Housing, Central Government and the NHS .
You will be expected to operate with a varied portfolio and be agile across the following areas: Delivery
- Management of quality client engagements or leading accounting and finance input into larger, multi-disciplinary teams;
- Providing knowledge, experience and insight to advise on complex transactions ranging from the application of technical accounting; acquisition and disposal activity; group restructurings; alternative service delivery models, preparing, reviewing or reporting on financial plans; and
- Follow emerging regulatory or accounting standard changes for the sector, including ongoing engagement with CIPFA and other key regulatory bodies.
- Supporting and driving the growth of the business through involvement in targeting opportunities, external networks and identifying opportunities to help your clients;
- Building and maintaining excellent internal relationships with other departments with whom we work closely;
- Innovating when considering other areas of accounting and finance complexity; and
- Horizon scanning for emerging trends such as complex capital transactions from creation to disposal.
Skills & Experience
- Development and delivery of accounting training to clients and internal teams; and
- Training up more junior colleagues and building a team around you.
We are looking for motivated, passionate and enthusiastic individuals who will relish the opportunity to work in a growing team, with a portfolio of varied and high-profile assignments and with significant possibilities to progress within the firm.
This role requires a range of practical, commercial and advisory skills in addition to strong technical foundations. Don't worry if you don't tick every box; we are looking for a willingness to evolve and develop with us but desired skills and experiences are:
- Qualified accountant (ideally CPFA or equivalent) with significant post qualification experience.
- Technical knowledge and practical experience of local authority finance and/or accounting with an openness to developing your knowledge in other areas of the public sector.
- Experience of dealing with complex technical matters.
- Detailed knowledge of local government financial frameworks.
- Problem solving attitude and proven ability to apply accounting concepts to unusual one-off situations.
- Excellent client relationship and communication skills.
- Commercial acumen and an interest in how complex organisations operate.
- Strong analytical, logic and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work effectively in different teams for varying periods of time building good working relationships with both colleagues and client personnel at all levels.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring junior colleagues.
- Flexibility in your approach to meeting goals as part of the wider team.
- Acting with integrity and showing care for the people you work with.
- Demonstrable experience of working on multiple projects, managing your time effectively to deliver high quality work to tight deadlines.
- A willingness to learn new skills and help develop and innovate new client propositions.
We're a leading provider of trust in the digital world - in the eyes of our people, our clients and our stakeholders. Today's public sector environment is different. More complex. More connected. Organisations not only face new and unknown risks, but also new and untapped opportunities. Our team is at the forefront of this change; join us to be a part of transforming how risk is perceived and capitalised on.Risk
We're a leading provider of trust in the digital world - in the eyes of our people, our clients and our stakeholders. Today's business environment is different. More complex. More connected. Companies not only face new and unknown risks, but also new and untapped opportunities. Our team is at the forefront of this change, join us to be a part of transforming how risk is perceived and capitalised on.Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.Diversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.