PwC's purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems - which informs all the work we do and the clients we work with.
Our culture is one where we all feel empowered to be the best we can be, embracing change and opportunities in a technology driven world. This is underpinned by a strong partnership ethos creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels valued, and they bring their whole self to work. Together, we demonstrate the behaviours that ensure high quality is at the heart of everything we do for the benefit of our people, clients, and community.
In the short term, this means taking learnings from COVID-19 and continuing to work together to adapt and lead in a blended working environment. Longer term, this means reinforcing our position as a trusted employer through promoting everyday inclusion, care and wellbeing, focusing on encouraging the behaviours that will maintain and improve the high quality standards that underpin our brand and developing a growth mindset that supports us all to embrace change and learning, enabling our firm to be flexible and stay relevant to our clients.
There is more to PwC than meets the eye. While the firm is famous for accountancy, we have long established expertise in many areas of business including business recovery, cyber security, economics and policy, private business, sustainability and climate change, consulting, deals, people and organisation and assurance.
PwC Marketing & Media Assurance sits within our Risk practice. The expertise and insight we provide our clients (both marketers and media owners) helps them manage and optimise the data, technology, operations and business partnerships that drive the modern marketing and media environment. We work with marketers and media owners to deliver business control and strengthen every aspect of their marketing and media performance.About PwC Marketing & Media Assurance
Based in Embankment Place in London, our PwC Marketing & Media Assurance team has ~50 people in London and 400+ experienced marketing and media personnel worldwide.
Our Marketing & Media team has ~50 people in London and 400+ experienced marketing and media personnel worldwide. Our team includes senior ex-marketers, ex-agency leaders, ex-programmatic traders, customer insight specialists, data scientists, marketing econometricians, and privacy lawyers who have worked in publishing and advertising, all combined with core PwC skills in process/controls/advisory/assurance/data/technology.
It is this blend of capabilities and skills which makes our proposition unique and compelling. We are a neutral, truly independent party committed to delivering trust and transparency across the marketing ecosystem. Our services cover customer insight, marketing effectiveness and transformation, media assurance and media advisory, audience reporting, campaign delivery, data privacy, and analysis of media supply chains.
In summary, we provide marketing and media transformation services. Our team has been recognised with 10+ major industry awards in the past year alone.About the role
By "marketing transformation", we mean that we help brands transform their marketing operations and effectiveness through step-changes in value from their customer data, marketing technology and agency relationships. We assess people, structure and processes and are truly agnostic regarding technology.
Our rapidly growing client base comprises advertisers, media owners, ad-tech providers, agencies and industry bodies in the UK, and across 10 centres of excellence globally and 150+ PwC offices worldwide.
We are looking to expand our team in response to client demands for help in transforming their digital marketing capabilities in the areas of martech, organisational design and digital marketing operating models. These opportunities include our hiring of a Manager with ~7 years of experience who is able to demonstrate specialist, in-depth experience across digital media and marketing technology. Ideally the successful candidate will have hands-on experience from one or more of the following: an enterprise advertiser, top 5 media agency network, a top-tier marketing consultancy, or enterprise marketing technology provider.
This person will play a key role in at least some of the following:
- Assessing an advertiser's current state/maturity of digital media operations (tech, people, process)
- Delivering examples of best practice in these areas to help inform gaps in an advertiser's current capabilities
- Designing a digital media transformation roadmap
- Clearly articulating advertiser options in at least one of the following
(i) marketing technology selections: including a working knowledge of: tag management; CDPs, workflow management tool, dashboarding/visualisation tools
(ii) digital skills requirement: e.g. knowledge of skills required for use of Google Marketing Platform; Facebook Ad Manager; Naming Convention tools; Workflow management; Project management tools; and DSPs
(iii) operating models: to drive efficient and effective ways of working, with strong controls/governance
Who we are looking for
- Drawing personally on experiences in digital media and programmatic execution to demonstrate PwC's thought leadership in this space
- Help upskilling advertiser marketing teams in the concept and practical realities of digital tools and techniques
- Building and maintaining a strong network internally within PwC
- Drawing on and developing external relationships with clients and wider digital advertising industry
- Helping identify the skill gaps in our team with a view to developing new skills and/or recruiting new talent
One of our stated goals is to help the marketing and media industry build trust and establish a future which is open, fair and transparent for all parties, with a particular emphasis on the digital advertising ecosystem. We are looking for an individual who is motivated by helping clients better understand and navigate the inherent challenges of digital media, more specifically:
Requirements Essential skills:
- Use of data-driven marketing techniques, including 1st party data organisation, customer orchestration strategies and efficient paths to activation
- Providing strategic advice or assurance over martech deployments, integrations and partnerships, including 3rd party tools
- Support in preparation for the post-cookie marketing ecosystem
- Assessments into marketing technology application, journey support, activation strategies
- Interaction with foundational technologies e.g. data analytics tools, CRM systems, tag management solutions
- Driving PwC's market understanding e.g. of partner technologies, market trends and costs
- Citing industry best practice in martech value creation, marketing measurement and KPI reporting
- Strong communication and presentation skills, in particular with senior personnel
- Strong analytical skills, ability and eagerness to deal with complex issues
- Strong project management skills and record of leading teams (an average team size is 4-6 people)
- Very good understanding of digital advertising and programmatic trading
- Some experience working with Martech platforms (CDP, CRM, Audience and tag management) e.g. Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Adobe Marketing Cloud, Oracle Marketing Cloud
- Exposure to wider offline media channels and strategy is desirable but not essential
- Desirable experience/understanding of digital and programmatic tools for one or more of the following:
• Experience working with Adservers e.g. Google Campaign Manager, Sizmek, Flash Talking
• Experience working with Verification tools e.g. MOAT, Integral Ad Science, DoubleVerify
• Walled Gardens e.g. Google, Facebook, Amazon
• Customer Data Platforms e.g Adobe, Oracle, Salesforce (Customer 360), mParticle, Unica, Adform, Amobee
• Reporting Tools e.g. Tableau, Metamarkets, Power BI, Datorama Risk
We're a leading provider of trust in the digital world - in the eyes of our people, our clients and our stakeholders. Today's business environment is different. More complex. More connected. Companies not only face new and unknown risks, but also new and untapped opportunities. Our team is at the forefront of this change, join us to be a part of transforming how risk is perceived and capitalised on.Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/applyDiversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.