PwC's Operate business delivers large operational and managed service solutions for clients to meet regulatory, risk and compliance challenges.
With over 2500 staff deployed on large implementation and execution programmes Operate brings together top talent with a distinctive mix of knowledge and skills. We support clients by providing staff augmentation services, delivering large scale operational programmes and managed solutions. We deliver our client work from a range of locations, providing our clients with cost-effective delivery, access to subject matter expertise and operational excellence disciplines for some of the biggest brands worldwide. PwC's Operate is delivering managed services to clients across the UK and Europe. Our clients appreciate our professionalism, our people's skills and technology enabled solutions we use to deliver efficient engagements.About the Role
PwC is investing in further expansion of its Compliance Testing function introducing Operational and Conduct Risk management activity. You will be working in a growing team within PwC's Operate business providing a range of services to a variety of clients across the UK and abroad.
Our service offerings currently include risk identification, mitigation and reporting; controls testing support (for example as part of an external audit or internal audit engagement, or as part of a managed controls testing service), as well as regulatory remediation programmes and also growing out our operational resilience and third party expertise. We are enhancing the Operational and Conduct Risk service offering which will include managed services for our clients supporting first and second line risk teams in various industries. The role typically involves the following:
- Oversee the set up and operational delivery of large-scale complex programmes to deliver relevant, cost effective and process efficient solutions that meet client needs and objectives, primarily for financial services clients.
- Understand the regulatory environment, and the changes on the horizon, to ensure that the business and clients are equally prepared for these.
- Demonstration of risk management experience across a range of risk topics including operational risk, conduct risk and regulatory risk. Sharing and building the teams knowledge base on risk identification, management, reporting and mitigation.
- Demonstration of solid leadership skills. Motivating, supporting, coaching and driving the teams to perform to a high level consistently, whilst balancing the needs of each person in the team, contributing to an excellent team culture.
- Build and maintain an agile framework and structure to service large scale client programmes with metrics and a reporting framework to accurately articulate performance both to clients and for internal purposes, ensuring all programmes meet with contractual obligations and standards as well as budget and timescales.
- Assume responsibility for delivery quality, risk and governance and seek ways to continually improve processes, driving efficiencies and automating processes through the use of technology where possible.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships and credibility with stakeholders across the PwC business and within our clients businesses.
This role provides a real breadth and depth of experience and provides fantastic exposure to some of PwC's most high profile clients, in various sectors.Who we are Looking For
- Experience of operating at management level in an operational team or within a back office risk and control environment
- Demonstrable success as a leader and of managing and developing high performing teams
- A track record of success setting up and/or running operational teams, demonstrating strategic outlook, commercial acumen and business planning
- An entrepreneurial approach and mindset that is excited by the opportunity to flex, grow and shape new practice areas and client propositions
- The ability to develop and nurture relationships with internal business partners, our client network and those within your teams
What is in it for you?
- Knowledge and understanding of customer remediation/conduct areas
- Experience leading teams across multiple sites
- Relevant financial services qualification
- Understanding of Investment and Retail banking operations and ongoing regulatory challenges for these institutions
As we're responsive to client demands, your role will be varied and challenging, providing you with an opportunity to work with a wide variety of high profile clients. We're also exceptionally passionate about providing you with the necessary skills, experience and training to help you develop both personally and professionally.Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.Diversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.