Quality is at the heart of what we do. Combining passionate people with leading technology, we work together to build trust in society. We put the team first and solve important problems by challenging the organisations we audit and being open to challenge ourselves. We take pride in our work and the profession, recognising audit as a deep specialism.
Hear from our UK Head of Audit about the evolution of the Audit and what opportunities PwC could have for you.
It's a really exciting time to be joining us. We're growing our teams across all areas of our Audit practice and investing a huge amount in our people, their skills and the technology available, as we continue to radically modernise our business and the way we serve our clients.
Learn more about The Future of Audit.
About the role
We have approximately 350 Client Account Executives (CAEs) sitting across each of our Lines of Service (Audit, Tax, Risk Assurance). The focus of the CAE role is to deliver an efficient, high quality and responsive support service on all client engagements, adding value and maximising time for client staff to focus on engagements. In addition to supporting and driving engagement finances for billing managers the CAE role supports engagement teams with the non judgemental, administrative activities that need to be completed as part of delivering a successful client engagement
What we're looking for
The role would suit a project coordinator, finance administrator or experienced office administrator demonstrating confidence with numbers and analysis. The candidate must also have excellent proven organisational skills, be able to multi-task and have the ability to build strong working relationships.
- Coordinating projects with our client facing teams, including our Alternative Delivery Centres, client delivery support and maintaining engagement team workflow via various technology platforms.
- Financial administration: analysis, creating client codes, raising invoices, issuing credit notes, chasing debts, keeping financial trackers updated, running/analysing financial reports, budget preparation and working with key stakeholders in order to meet financial targets.
- Attending internal meetings with senior leaders in order to provide insight into their financial metrics and progress against targets, whilst making recommendations to improve metrics.
The ideal applicant will be passionate about the role they play to help us achieve business priorities and provide excellent client service, taking the time to learn about our clients and the services we provide. They will demonstrate drive, flexibility and agility whilst enjoying the demands that come with working in a fast paced environment and exceeding KPIs.
The suitable candidate will also demonstrate leadership qualities to manage their own time and meet personal chargeable hours, whilst also being willing to learn new tasks and taking on new responsibilities. They will also be open to sharing ideas and best practice with colleagues and peers alike.
Essential skills and experience
- Proven office work experience.
- Work effectively under pressure with excellent organisation skills and ability to prioritise work, especially when there are conflicting demands.
- Ability to interpret financial data and produce relevant reports.
- Pragmatic in your approach to problem-solving.
- Attention to detail and the personal motivation to perform your role to the highest standards.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Always punctual, flexible and responsive in how you approach your work.
- This is a full-time role
- Opportunity for working from home? Yes
- Amount of time client based? 0%
- Need to travel/overnight stays away from home? Some
- Opportunity for flexible working (hours)? Some
- Amount of time PwC office based? 90-100%
- Must be willing to travel to other offices both within the Region and outside as necessary.
Academic or professional qualifications needed
- English and Maths GCSE at grades A to C (or equivalent).
- Microsoft office suite experience is valued.
- A degree is not essential for this role.
- No professional qualifications are needed for this role
Training and development
Our training and development approach broadens and deepens your knowledge, and is focussed on the learning experience you get in doing the role (70%), learning from others around you (20%) and formal training courses (10%). We call this 70-20-10. That means you'll learn most from an outstanding variety of client work.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical & digital, business acumen, global & Inclusive and relationships.
Learn more here
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.The location
Find out more about our PwC office locations.The skills we look for
Our people are curious and put quality first and foremost. They are inclusive and invest in themselves and their teams. They adapt to new challenges with flexibility, agility and intelligence. They speak up, role modelling constructive challenge whilst also being open to challenge themselves. They take pride in their profession, their work and their passion to deliver to the highest quality.Diversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.