We have an opportunity in Human Capital (HC): the Employee Relations, Policy & Advice (ERPA) team for an ERPA Service Delivery Manager which forms part of a role in the ERPA Service Delivery team.
The ERPA Service Delivery team has sole responsibility for managing all formal employee case management activities and matters relating to misconduct, grievance, performance management, appeals and health/wellbeing case management firmwide. ERPA also offers support on employee relations projects relating to restructuring exercises,TUPE and participates in wider projects across the HC function.
The ERPA Service Delivery Team Manager is an essential role as part of this team, acting as a Line Manager for case handlers at both Manager and Advisor grades. Reporting to the ERPA Service Delivery Team Leader, they have responsibilities for the day to day operational case management activities involving the distribution of fair work allocation of cases amongst the team.
The technical expertise required for the role is the ability to offer coaching advice on all employee relations matters to the case handling team, which allows them to interpret employee relations policies and procedures, in order to offer pragmatic, commercial advice to stakeholders.
The individual would also be expected to build effective stakeholder relationships across other HC Lines of Services teams
Working knowledge of the Navex case system is preferable. Although coaching can be provided, a willingness to further develop these skills is desirable.
Working as part of the ERPA Service Delivery team, this role will consist of the following key tasks:
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Responsible for Line Management of case handlers across the ERPA Service Delivery Team
- Acting as a first point of escalation for general queries by case handlers within the ERPA Service Delivery team
- Offering coaching advice and support to case handlers on case management activities relating to conduct, health/wellbeing, performance, grievances, appeals, handling informal complaints and general employee relations queries.e.g special leave
- Offering coaching advice and support to case handlers in the production of high quality documentation including reports, letters, meeting notes etc associated with case management activities
- Supporting ERPA Senior Managers with case handling support for strategic Lines of Service and firmwide projects eg redundancy, voluntary severance and TUPE, including preparation of documentation, attendance at consultation and other employee meetings with service delivery team resources
- Responsible for driving the consistency and standardisation of case handling practices across the ERPA Service Delivery team
- Supporting resource management and succession planning across the ERPA Service Delivery team
- Working in collaboration with other HC teams to ensure a seamless handoff of case management activities requiring ERPA support e.g performance cases
- Having robust Navex case sampling and housekeeping practices in place across ERPA/HCOM case handling teams to continuously improve data capture processes and data quality
- Support UK firmwide mandatory compliance activities
- Providing management information from employee case management activities to support UK firmwide regulatory reporting requirements when needed
- Explore digital tech opportunities in order to drive continuous process improvements in case handling practices
- Competently handle sensitive confidential data to meet GDPR and Data
- Proven employee relations case handling experience
- Ability to work effectively under pressure whilst not compromising professional standards
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Able to build effective working relationships with stakeholders
- A customer-focused mindset
- Passionate interest in learning new technology and taking personal responsibility to remain curious about advances in new developments.
- Ability to work with multiple sources of data and assimilate information quickly
- Excellent attention to detail
- Can work both independently and as part of a team
- Remain curious to challenge existing interpretation of employment policies to ensure continuous improvement
- Proficient demonstration in the use of software applications
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
- A passion for change and innovation
- Knowledge of Navex case management system
- Knowledge of GDPR and Compliance regulations
- Experience of using digital tools Tableau, Alteryx, Power BI is desirable
- Knowledge of Google suite or equivalent tools to stay connected within a
team environmentNot the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.Diversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.