A career in our Actuarial Life Services practice, within Actuarial Services, will provide you with the opportunity to contribute general insurance advice and consulting services to clients such as insurers, banks, regulators, and third party administrators. You'll provide advice covering solvency, economic capital, risk management, mergers and acquisitions, company restructuring and risk control, financial modelling, underwriting, new legislation, and the efficiency of claims or reporting processes. Simply put, you might help analyse the impact that new regulation will have on an insurance company's balance sheet or you could be revising businesses' projections and making sure they have adequate reserves. Our team helps insurers address new financial reporting requirements by assessing the financial and business impacts of regulations, building implementation plans, and implementing relevant requirements, particularly across areas of financial reporting change.Responsibilities
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
- Assist in the management and delivering of large projects
- Be flexible and have the ability to multitask effectively
- Train, coach, and supervise staff
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
- We are looking for individuals with relevant experience, or who are looking for new challenges and believe that they can leverage their existing skills in a new environment.
- You should be able to work well as part of a team.
- You should be responsible, decisive, clear thinking and motivated.
- You will have experience in insurance and either be close to or have completed all of your actuarial exams.
- You will be interested in supporting a wide range of engagements in the life insurance space, including audit support and have the agility to develop your capabilities as part of your development journey with PwC.
- In recognition of the need to invest in future growth of the life insurance practice, you'll not only have demonstrated relevant technical skills and experience, but also have the potential over time and with development support, to move on to play a more active role in key client accounts and product areas, using your strong relationship and people management skills.