We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
Hear from Ed Stacey, Tax People Leader about what a career in Tax could mean for you - from development, to our culture, to what we value in our people when building our team.
PwC is the world's premier professional services firm with 3,500 professionals in over 90 countries around the world. In the UK, our legal practice is fully integrated into the PwC partnership and our vision is to harness the expertise of the firm to provide end-to-end, technology-enabled services to meet our clients' needs.
Our NewLaw services department is one of the most highly regarded and fastest growing practice areas within the network. We have a multi-disciplinary team across multiple regions including London, Belfast, Birmingham and Leeds which is dedicated to providing an exceptionally high standard of service to our clients.
Our legal due diligence clients include household names, global and listed businesses as well as major private equity firms and private companies, both in the UK and overseas and across all industry sectors. The work we undertake is often high profile and cross-border in nature and frequently involves other legal teams in the PwC international network. Our teams often work as part of an integrated due diligence team alongside Deals (including financial and commercial due diligence), Tax and Consulting as well as other professionals from within PwC to deliver a comprehensive and integrated due diligence service to our clients.
PwC is seeking a talented and ambitious M&A / Corporate lawyer with at least two years' post-qualification experience to join its legal due diligence team. The role is dedicated to legal due diligence work across all industry sectors and requires quality experience of leading UK buy-side and sell-side projects as well as broader M&A / company law work. It offers the opportunity to develop and grow strong personal relationships with an exceptional base of new and existing PwC clients.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
Not the role for you?
- Ability to confidently advise corporate and private equity clients on a broad range of legal issues arising from the legal due diligence review across a variety of industries
- Ability to identify key value items and to provide commercial legal advice in the overall context of the deal and the findings of PwC's financial, tax and commercial due diligence teams
- Ability to provide the support required (including on warranties and disclosure) by clients' legal M&A advisors, whether at PwC or an external law firm
- Ability to manage a large legal team (both in the UK and overseas) utilising strong organisational skills and to coordinate the delivery of high quality legal work as an integral part of the broader PwC due diligence service
- Ability to build strong and lasting relationships with clients and other professionals at PwC as well as the ability to identify and capitalise on new opportunities
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to thrive in a fast-paced deals environment
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to supervise and train other lawyers and paralegals effectively and to act as a mentor in developing their expertise and careers
- Ability to use initiative and a willingness to embrace innovation and continuous improvement
- Ability to harness new technology to deliver better services, faster
- Clear, articulate and confident written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Hardworking and enthusiastic with a "can do" attitude
- Qualified solicitor in England & Wales or equivalent common law jurisdiction
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.Diversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.