Ambitious, well-funded and ethical new corporate travel company are looking for an experienced Travel Operations Director, to be instrumental in the launch and development of the company. Putting climate change at the forefront their platform will allow business travellers to travel but also offset their carbon footprint at no extra cost. With clients already interested in coming on board, this is a very exciting opportunity and a chance to put your stamp on the role. This will be a part-home, part office based position (within a commutable distance of Bristol) and comes with an attractive salary package of circa £65k plus benefits!
- Working as part of a senior management team, being part of the strategic planning and decision making and involved in contracting with suppliers
- Joining during the build up and pre-launch phase and help design the organisation and team structure needed to operate a travel business
- Recruiting and onboarding the team, designing the business processed and operating procedures
- Guide the Travel Team through set-up and go-live
- Management of the day to day Travel Operations and ensuring its smooth service delivery
- Be responsible for the operational usage of the full technical suite of systems
- Use your detailed knowledge of front-end booking platforms
- Be responsible for the full payment processes
- Have an in-depth knowledge of mid/back-office functions
- Be responsible for managing and delivering customer care objectives
- On boarding new clients smoothly
- Key contact for customers and decision makers but as the business grows, building a team to support this
- Full control of workflow systems
- Liaising with the Business Development team and receiving feedback from their accounts
- Be responsible for the delivery of the defined performance and financial metrics and KPIs across the service
You will have a minimum five years management / senior level experience within operations in the Travel Industry, ideally corporate travel, but consideration could be given to those from a travel technology company or a leisure travel company that is online booking tool focused. In addition we are looking for:
- An up to date knowledge of travel products and solutions, along with a good understanding of IT and travel industry concepts.
- An understanding of current business travel industry trends, policies and procedures, along with knowledge of international travel regulations, customs and practices.
- You will have a proved track record of success in team building, management and coordination
- Excellent decision making skills, assessing and analysing situations, grasping complexities and identifying key issues, whilst applying sound judgement
- A flexible approach, with the ability and stamina to manage multiple activities whilst working to deadlines in a fluid situation
- Excellent communicator, articulate and persuasive
- Agile mind, open and solution-driven mindset
- Highly conversant in Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial organisation and be comfortable presenting at board level
The starting salary is circa £65k pa with an option for equity too. This is a real opportunity to make the role your own and grow and develop with the business and be part of an exciting, forward thinking company that puts playing their part to make a different to climate change at the heart of what they do.INTERESTED?
If you are keen to be considered, please follow the instructions to apply attaching your CV and we will then contact you to discuss the position in more detail before progressing your application. For a confidential chat please call and speak to our team