Do you have experience of working in a high volume transactional financial role?
Do you have experience of managing a high performing team in a fast-moving environment?
Consider the role of Financial Transactions Manager with Reed in Partnership.
We are on a mission to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities. Reed in Partnership is a public service provider specialising in skills training for the long-term unemployed, increasing employment opportunities by working with employers and providing youth services.The role
The Financial Transactions Manager role will be responsible for the management and direction of the Company's financial processes and transactions. The role will oversee the Company's accounts payable function, the Company's claim and invoicing process, the self-billing process for the Company's supply chain partners and the Company's central processing function.Key accountabilities
The main responsibility of the role is to ensure that the Company's financial transactions are prepared and processed in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with the Company's processes and procedures.
This includes ensuring that:
Skills & experience
- The Company's sales are identified, invoiced and received in a timely fashion
- That the Company's accounts payable function identifies its liabilities and that suppliers are paid in accordance with agreed payment terms
- The Company is able to provide appropriate support to its co-members in operations ensuring that they can meet their performance objectives.
- The role will directly line-manage the Purchase Ledger Team Leader, the Claims Manager and the Central Processing Team Leader.
- The Financial Transactions Manager will be responsible for the oversight of all financial processes and will work closely with the Head of Finance Services to ensure that the finance processes and procedures are sufficient and appropriate for the purpose and will be expected to recommend, design and implement appropriate changes to the finance processes as required.
- Demonstrable experience of managing a high performing team(s) in a fast-moving environment
- Strong background in a high volume transactional financial role
- Exposure to financial controls and processes and involvement in the design and implementation of new processes
- Excellent excel spreadsheet skills, comfortable with pivot tables and manipulating data
- Experience of and an ability to quickly understand and follow complex systems and procedures
- Able to understand and process changing requirements in a fast-moving environment
- Proven track record of building professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of producing reconciliations
- Involvement in implementing changes and systems
- Experience of Oracle systems
Disability Confident Commitment
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A proactive and flexible, 'can do' attitude
- A strong sense of honesty and integrity
- Be able to work under pressure and work to strict reporting deadlines
- Ability to be diligent and retain high levels of concentration and accuracy at all times
We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria.