Amazon is a fast paced, dynamic, technology company based in Seattle. The company continues to grow revenue at double digits, executing a simple strategy: "to be earth's most customer-centric company; to build a place where people can come to find and discover anything they might want to buy online." Amazon operates the most complex retail networks in the world, delivering billions of packages to hundreds of millions of homes and businesses annually. The Supply Chain Optimization Technologies
(SCOT) team automates and optimizes decision-making for this network.
The Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) Finance team is seeking a Senior Finance Manager (SFM) to support the Automated Inventory Management team in Europe. This role will support a growing business organization responsible for automating the inventory management function, taking over responsibility for day-to-day running of inventory outputs, audit functions, and key performance indicators used across Amazon to manage inventory and delight customers. This is an opportunity to establish and improve the metrics, mechanisms, and operating parameters that effectively monitor, report and manage Amazon's worldwide inventory position including representing in CFO reviews. This role will involve interacting with senior leaders across the company and act as a key partner in defining and building the next big advancement in automated inventory management capabilities at Amazon.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Create framework for applying appropriate financial controls at scale to automated inventory management systems
- Drive modeling financial trade-offs and implications of key inventory management and product availability metrics
- Serve as the liaison with the Retail Finance and Operations Finance teams, helping drive transparency in our inventory management systems and associated outputs
- Support the execution of key financial targets and metrics through the development and implementation of proactive dashboards, measurements and variance analyses
- Coordinate and draft narratives for Operating Plans, Business Reviews and other initiatives
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science)
- Solid business judgment and controllership focus
- Highly analytical and detail oriented
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, develop new ideas and creative solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- High level of intellectual curiosity and desire to learn about highly complex, scientific approaches to optimizing supply chain and operations networks with technology.
- Previous experience with Supply Chain or Logistics processes and systems a plus
- Proficiency in analysis tools including Microsoft Excel, Tableau, and SQL a plus