- Sep 16, 2021
- £30 - £40ph
Fantastic new temporary job opportunity for an experienced and professional qualified Finance Manager to work for a very well established and reputable Financial Services business based in Surrey.
Morgan McKinley is looking for an experienced Finance Manager - Management Accountant who has worked within the Financial Services - Regulatory sector to start ASAP initially on a temporary basis with a view to potentially going permanent.
The temporary Finance Manager - Management Accountant role will be working remotely - 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday. Some travel to the Redhill / London offices may be required. Duties and responsibilities will include:
Skills and experience required for the role:
- Responsibility for the Operational Finance function - General Ledger, Purchase & Sales Ledgers and Cash Books
- Monitoring & controlling cash flow
- Developing financial models & budgets in accordance with the strategy determined by the Board
- Develop and maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Preparation of data for annual accounts (prepared by external) & control of external audit
- Develop & maintain relationships with external advisors, auditors, lawyers, banks etc.
- Produce month end accounts, including group consolidation, to a strict timetable for review by CEO & Board
- Work with Operational and Risk & Compliance teams to produce financial data for periodic FCA reporting
- Reconciliation and cost centre analysis of commissions income and investment income.
- Ensure VAT is compliant with HMRC - special emphasis on advisory/DFM charging, partial exemption rules and develop optimum group structure
- Analysis of data and identify areas for cost saving/revenue improvement
- Process payments from the bank when correctly approved
- Proven experience working in a similar Management Accountant / Finance Manager role within Financial Services - Industry knowledge - product / regulatory development awareness
- Qualified - ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organisation, with Partners, Advisers, Investors, Banks, Audit firms, Customers & Suppliers
- Experience in FCA regulated environment
- Good commercial and business awareness
- Experience of managing a small team
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.