KTN 2025 Strategy
We connect ideas, people and communities to drive innovation that changes lives.
Innovation is complex. The journey from idea to market is not straightforward and requires a diverse range of know-how, investment, market knowledge and research. KTN exists to connect innovators with new partners and new opportunities beyond their existing thinking - accelerating ambitious ideas into real-world solutions.
The future holds both challenges and opportunities. We are passionate about working with innovative businesses to overcome these challenges and shape the opportunities and solutions that follow.
Our vision is to create a network of innovators so powerful its ideas will change the world.
While business is at the heart of our work, our diverse connections span government, funders, research and the third sector. This unrivalled overview and connectivity enable us to be a trusted guide through a complex global landscape of research, development and innovation. Over the next five years, we will build collaborations at a local, national and global level.
Purpose of the role
To assist the Finance Projects Supervisor to deliver an effective, efficient and robust financial management of KTN's projects and high-quality support to Budget Holders, Project Leads and Directors. Assisting with improving processes, policies and maximising relationships with stakeholders, both internal & external.
- Managing projects finance reporting requirements
- Ensuring that all external claim, invoicing and reporting deadlines are met
- Assisting with the improvement of KTN Ltd financial processes, procedures and controls
- Maximising relationships with internal & external stakeholders
Role and Responsibilities
- Financial management of projects including claim preparation
- Produce monthly financial reports for Budget Holders and Project Leads to agreed deadlines
- Provide regular updates to the Finance Projects Supervisor of all project related activities
- Monitor project costs and investigate any adverse variances
- Support the Budget Holders and Project Leads to achieve accurate planning and forecasting of business activities, revenues and project costs
- Assist with the company budget and forecast cycles including in year profiling
- Assist in the external audit of claim submissions
- Maintain the finance project register
- Be the first point of contact for project finance queries
- Flag any issues to the Finance Projects Supervisor in a timely manner
- Monitor and report on compliance with finance procedures, policies and updates
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders and ensure queries are dealt with in a timely manner
- Support Finance team during busy times and provide absence cover if required
- Any other tasks that the Finance Projects Supervisor may require assistance with
Experience And QualificationsRequirements
- Manage workload efficiently and effectively
- Meet internal and external deadlines
- Studying towards recognised Professional Accountancy Qualification (AAT/ACCA/CIMA/ACA)
- Experience in grant funded and project environment desirable
- A few years' experience within a finance role, commercial desirable
Competencies and Attributes
- Sound technical accounting knowledge
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- The ability to plan and prioritise work generated from multiple sources and to ensure effective communication
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to communicate financial matters to a broad range of audiences
- High levels of IT literacy overall and intermediate Excel skills
- Self-motivated and strong team player with drive to continue own development at work and within studies
- Positive 'can do' attitude with flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment with seasonal pressure points
- This role has a salary range of £30,000 to £35,000 pa dependent on experience
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays pro rata
- Pension Plan
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Wider Wallet employee benefits high street discounts scheme.
- Opportunities for continuous professional development as part of our Talent & Development Programme
This advert will close on Wednesday 21st July 2021, though some circumstances may require us to close earlier, so early application is advised. Please apply by submitting a tailored cover letter outlining your suitability with specifics relating to the requirements of the role, and your CV outlining your experience.
Currently, during this extended lockdown period, this position is based from home. After the extended lockdown period, the postholder will be based in our KTN Harwell, Oxfordshire Office. UK travel will be expected.
Applicants must have the existing and ongoing right to work in the U.K. without restrictions as sponsorship for visas is not provided.
Unfortunately, owing to the high number of applications received, we can only provide feedback to applicants selected for interview. Should you wish to discuss this opportunity further, please contact the Recruitment Team by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.