Calling all Financial Accountants.. we need your expertise!
Who works here?
We have foodies, drink lovers, sport enthusiasts, gym bunnies, movie buffs, history geeks, gamers, music fans, book worms and every other diverse range of people we can't keep up! We have Family people, Single people, Happy people. You will find a friend here and we always like to encourage you to bring your friends and family and share the joy and become a Krispy Kremer!
Your new role
Working closely with the Assistant Financial Controller, this is a varied role which encompasses ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory obligations in UK and Ireland, balance sheet control and improving processes.
· Preparation of VAT returns for UK and Ireland, ensuring compliance with Making Tax Digital in the UK.
· Reconciliation of balance sheet VAT control accounts.
· Preparation and submission of Intrastat for Ireland for transactions with other EU countries.
· Liaising with external accountants to provide Corporation Tax information, including capital allowances.
· Preparation of annual PSA return.
· Production of statutory financial statements, ensuring filing obligations are met.
· Consolidation of monthly management accounts for UK and Ireland, and submission to US parent.
· Research of and assistance with application of changes to accounting requirements in US GAAP and UK GAAP.
· Preparation and review of balance sheet reconciliations including resolution of outstanding items.
· Reconciliation of Intercompany accounts monthly, agreeing balances and investigating any differences.
· Continuous improvement of processes and systems.
· Ad hoc tasks as required to support the Assistant Financial Controller and rest of the Finance Team.
What we offer
· Salary up to £50,000pa
· Company bonus
· Life Insurance & Company Pension
· 25 days' holiday + BH's
· A range of flexible benefits
· Free doughnuts of course, refreshments and fresh fruit delivered daily
· Free parking
· Team fun with company funded social events throughout the year
What we look for
· Newly Qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA) from a practice background.
· Experience of UK GAAP and US GAAP beneficial.
· Good working knowledge of VAT compliance requirements in the UK, knowledge of VAT in Ireland an advantage.
· Excellent Microsoft Excel skills (Vlookups and Pivot Tables).
· Good attention to detail
· Working to tight deadlines
· Excellent organisational skills
· Approachable with a calm and professional manner
· Passion for continuous improvement
Your journey starts when you tell us you're interested, click the button and apply!
Come and be part of something awesome!