Woodland Group are currently recruiting a Management/Reconciliations Accountant based in Chelmsford, Essex, UK.
Reporting to and working with the Finance Team, the Revenue Accountant will work closely with customers, the internal accounts team delivering swift and accurate management of the HMCE account.
Woodland Group is more than just a logistics and supply chain company. Independently owned, the Group continuously challenges itself and its teams to be innovative, quick to adapt, provide expert solutions and create opportunities for clients, team members as well as the business. Our culture thrives on a drive for excellence, opportunities to learn and develop, our diversity and relationship building, as well as our desire to bring skills and passion to a quickly changing and fast-paced environment.
Key duties are as follows...
- Hold responsibility for reconciling deferment statements to the nominal ledger
- Ensuring that all duty and VAT recharges are accounted for accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure all duty and recharges are recovered and correctly invoiced from the Business Units.
- Reconciliation of FAS payments / accounts
- Extract, manipulate and analyse the relevant Duty and VAT data from the business
- Extract, manipulate and analyse the relevant Duty and VAT data from HMCE account
- Ensure timely reconciliation of all exceptions that may arise.
- Being the key contact for auditor contact for deferment
- Business partner with customs department to investigate discrepancies
- Liaise with Operational departments to ensure all customs entries are invoiced
- Look to improve accounting process and information capture for reconciliation of deferment