Finance and Accounts Coordinator
Theirworld is an influential global charity aiming to end the global education crisis and unleash the potential of the next generation. We work to ensure that every child has the best start in life, a safe place to learn, and skills for the future. To achieve this, we are tackling the lack of political will, financial commitment and action that is currently preventing the realisation of inclusive, quality education for all children. We bring together experience and evidence from our research and projects alongside the passion and power of our campaigns and communications to unlock the big, transformational changes needed to end the global education crisis.
We have existed since 2002, and we are currently going through an exciting period of growth and transformation - assembling a world-class team of campaigners, communicators, researchers, advocates and project managers with the skills, commitment to our mission, and strong team spirit and creative energy to turn the organisation's vision into reality
About the role
We are seeking someone with strong teamwork and multitasking skills, as well as the enthusiasm to make a positive contribution to the team, and the organisation as a whole.
This role would suit someone with purchase ledger experience, either in a charity finance and administration team, or in a commercial environment. Good organisation skills, attention to detail, accuracy, the ability to assess and deliver information in a timely manner and work to deadlines are essential. An accountancy qualification is not required.
· Inputting of financial data on various systems, IRIS (Formerly PS Financials), Salesforce, and Excel
· Recording & processing invoices and tracking expenditure
· Ensuring payments are processed in line with procedures and preparing bank payments
· Reconciliation of suppliers invoices and statements
· Monthly reconciliation of various online and digital income platforms
· Monthly bank account reconciliation
· Income and Expenditure Record keeping, using IRIS, Salesforce and Excel
· Maintaining accurate records
These responsibilities and functions may be adjusted slightly for the right candidate and as our needs change over time.
Experience, skills and character
· Previous experience in a junior finance administration role is desirable
· Experience of purchase and sales ledgers
· Willlingness to learn and develop with the organisation and team
· A high level of numeracy and attention to detail
. Excel skills - basic /intermediate
· Ideally experience of IRIS Financial Software (Previously PS Financials), Salesforce - training will be given where necessary for the right candidate