We are currently recruiting for a Knowledge Paralegal or Senior Paralegal, depending on experience to join our Leveraged Finance team in London on a permanent basis.
Allen & Overy has a market-leading European leveraged finance practice (comprising an integrated high yield bonds and loans practice), which operates across all of the main European centres.
Our practice is supported by pre-eminent Private Equity, Equity Capital Markets, Debt Capital Markets, Securitisation and Restructuring teams. This collective expertise combined with in-depth sector insights, makes us one of very few firms with the ability to advise on complex cross-border leveraged finance transactions across the full spectrum of the capital structure, as well as on all types of "crossover" and emerging markets loan and bond transactions.
We also have the ability to execute New York law loan financings through both our London and New York teams.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Paralegal or Senior Paralegal (depending on experience) to join our team supporting the market intelligence function. In return we are focussed on growing our people so that they can fulfil their potential and become the best in their field. We offer first-rate training, development and opportunities, along with a compelling benefits package - all within a dynamic and supportive environment.
The market intelligence team within leveraged finance
Fee earners from partners to trainees within the leveraged finance team
* Maintaining and curating the Leveraged Finance Homepage - our entry point for all leveraged finance market knowledge globally
* Maintaining and curating the B3 Virtual Bible Room including following up with team members to ensure all key documents and commentaries are included in a timely manner
* Liaising with the PA team on training sessions to ensure they are recorded and disseminated appropriately
* Maintaining an up to date list of all client presentations in conjunction with the BD team, and ensuring they are shared/made available appropriately
* Managing a system for team queries and precedent requests, including maintaining a list of queries and making sure that the answers are collated, and documents retained and made available appropriately, including compiling periodic reports on team queries
* Background research for team market intelligence briefings to be sent to the global team
* Other general administrative duties in relation to market intelligence
* Working with the team towards building and maintaining robust, searchable market intelligence resources
* Liaising with colleagues throughout the A&O network (particularly in Europe, Asia and the US) where required to share market intelligence, under the direction of the market intelligence team
* Proven prioritisation, project management, organisational and co-ordination skills, a methodical approach to work and the ability to manage and meet multiple deadlines
* Collaborative team player
* Proactive and confident with a high level of initiative
* Self-starter with the desire and ability to continuously acquire, build upon and share knowledge
* A positive attitude and style, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* High level of accuracy and attention to detail
* The ability to interface at all levels and gain respect of the partner and fee-earner community, building strong relationships
* Solid understanding of lending transactions
* Intellectual curiosity and versatility
* A person of sound judgment and core values, able to establish a high level of credibility
*Who we are looking for*
We are looking for a highly motivated Paralegal or Senior Paralegal who combines sound practical experience with outstanding organisational skills and strong interpersonal skills. Candidates should be articulate, proactive and show a genuine interest in the subject. We are looking for a someone who takes responsibility for, and pride in, the market intelligence team's work product.
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. Embracing new trends and harnessing decades of experience, we've earned our place at the forefront of the legal industry. Our partners are recognised as leaders in their field and our deals and cases often make headline business news. As a result, we've developed a reputation for delivering exceptional legal solutions that not only solve our clients' challenges but exceed their expectations. By embracing new ways of thinking, integrating technology into our everyday work and putting our people first, we've become known for leading by example.
Join our team and you'll be part of a flexible, inclusive culture underpinned by openness and consistent support for one another. Our culture enables people to define their own career path based on their strengths, while our ambitious outlook ensures we continue to provide each person with opportunities to thrive. We're also committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we're working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. If you're ready to play your part in defining the future of law: It's Time.