We are regarded as the trusted decorating and DIY retail brand in Central London, selling paint, tools, plumbing, electrical & woodwork materials throughout our 30 stores (Soon to be 31!). As part of the Grafton Group we have the stability and support of a leader in the field of Building Materials & DIY Retail.
Our business is growing and we're keen to find outstanding Retail Managers & Leaders to support our future growth. Our training plan will set you up to succeed so you're ready to be captain of your ship.Let's paint the picture for you!
The Store Manager role in Leyland SDM has evolved and now our managers are leading highly knowledgeable teams in delivering outstanding service to both trade and retail customers day in, day out.
Our store experience and team cultures are vital to continue our strong performance and our Store Managers play a key role in making this happen.
You'll be driving and motivating your team to deliver exceptional standards in everything we do.
What key skills and experiences are we looking for?
- Leading, managing & coaching colleagues and teams to create a 'winning' store culture
- Ensuring key store compliances are being met including stock control, health and safety, people rostering & P&L management
- Lead the way in ensuring store standards are consistently at the highest level
- Liaising and keeping in contact with key account customers
- Managing people responsibilities - Recruitment, HR, probation/people reviews
- Work with the wider business to improve the store brand within London communities
You'll have a great track record in managing and leading teams in a retail environment and a strong commercial mind.
Organising and planning will be second nature to you - an interest in DIY is always handy!How will we reward you?
On top of an attractive salary we have a comprehensive benefits package on offer