Float Legal Secretary
Up to £28,000
All offices (Surrey)
A legal 500 firm are looking to recruit an experienced Legal Float Secretary on a full-time basis. The primary role of the Float Secretary is to provide support to fee earners during the absence of their PA/Secretary.
The fee earners concerned could be based at any of the firms offices, the locations being in the Surrey area with their head office being Guildford as well as (Epsom, Reigate, Leatherhead, Cranleigh, Fulham and Wimbledon) - any travel to other offices will be expensed.
The Float Secretary is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative, you will be trained on their systems and must have excellent typing skills and be proficient in Word and Outlook with high levels of accuracy.
- Prepare correspondence and documents through audio-typing and word processing
- Administer filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the office manual
- Prepare mail and enclosures for dispatch
- Prepare the conference room for meetings
- Provide support to other secretaries as required
- Attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm's standards for client care
- Undertake on-line form filling requirements
- Operate the Firm's Case Management System
- Substantial previous Legal Secretarial experience in Property, Family and Private Client
- Good IT skills in relevant packages
- Excellent typing skills