Expatriate Management Services Ltd (EMS), part of Global EMS Group, is based in Norwich and provides services which encompass the complete end to end business process, comprising Global Payroll, International HR and Assignment Management, payments, Tax, accounting and Information Management to clients around the World.
We are looking for enthusiastic, pro-active, driven individuals with distinctive qualities and educated to a degree level to join us as Global Payroll Account Managers.
These individuals will need to work well with others in a challenging environment, within a professional, motivated, and multi-cultural team.
The applicants are required to have the right to work in the UK.Key Qualifications / Experience
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Degree requirements: 2.1 in any degree would be considered
- Experience in an international environment would be an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great analytical and numerical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office package, particularly Excel
- Organised and methodical with a great attention to detail
- A quick learner with the ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Highly motivated, ambitious and proactive, a great team-player
- Exceptional admin skills
- Additional languages would be a benefit
You are responsible to the Line Manager for the following:
- Liaison with clients and EMS In country Providers to ensure information is correctly received and that payroll is processed in an accurate and timely manner
- Management of data acquisition from clients, processing and administration of client payrolls
- Management of payments on an international payments platform
- Management of the respective country's reporting & statutory filings as required for each client in conjunction with the specific In Country Provider
- Undertaking of monthly internal and external report reconciliations of client accounts
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of client global payments and payroll administration policies and procedures manuals when required
- Provision of status reports that are specific to client's requirements concerning the delivery of global payments and payroll
- Adherence to client contract terms and conditions and service level agreements
- Development and maintenance of positive working relationships with clients through regular communications
- Other duties as directed by your Line Manager.
- Reporting regularly to your Line Manager and highlighting any issues/inconsistencies in a prompt manner
- Ensuring that you are fully aware of the company requirements detailed in the Operations Manual, Security Manual and the Employee Handbook
You will be provided with structured training and support during your induction. You are to consult with your Line Manager and request any further training if this is necessary.What do we offer?
This is a fantastic role for a bright, motivated and confident individual looking to develop their capabilities in Account Management within the Global Payroll and Mobility service industry.
You will be a member of a great team consisting of various account managers and will benefit from an excellent range of training and development opportunities. Adaptability, flexibility and enthusiasm will be key to your success.
Benefits include a cycle to work scheme, a company pension, medical insurance and a contribution towards gym membership.
The annual compensation for this role starts from £28k depending on experience.
To apply please send your CV and Covering Letter to the email provided.