Vice Principal - Pastoral Leadership
Salary:UCL Academy Leadership Scale L24-L28 (£82,274 to £89,918)
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Swiss Cottage, London Borough of Camden Start date: January 2022
We are seeking to appoint a Vice Principal responsible for maintaining and developing the highest standards of education, especially through ensuring the key support structures for pastoral care and student conduct are effective in contributing to the whole child and to overall standards.
The UCL Academy is a mixed 11-19 Academy in the heart of the London Borough of Camden. We pride ourselves on high academic aspirations and a caring and inclusive environment. We offer iconic state-of-the-art facilities and the opportunity to work with the latest innovations in classroom technology. Our students are able to take advantage of our sponsor University College London's world class facilities and expertise from their very first school day and are exposed to university life throughout their Academy career. Staff from both institutions work collaboratively, with those from the university working aspirationally with the academy's students.
Our school vision of educating the whole person and state of the art building and facilities are underpinned by a rigorous and innovative connected curriculum that provide an exceptional learning environment for our students and supports great success for the whole student body.
The UCL Academy is an exciting and supportive environment in which to work and develop your career. The Vice Principal's role is essential to the implementation of the distinctive vision and policies of the UCL Academy, and this role will deputise for the Co-Principals where necessary and is ideal for an individual interested in moving into headship in the future. Under the direction of the Co-Principals, you will take a major role in:
- Formulating the aims and objectives of the Academy that reflect the ethos of the Sponsor and the values and distinctive features of Academy life
- Reviewing and implementing policies for achieving these aims and objectives
- Ensuring highest quality of teaching and learning across the Academy
- Monitoring progress towards achievement of the school's aims and objectives
- Deputising for the Co-Principals in their absence
- Leading and Managing the Academy pastoral strategy
- Leading and managing the work of the SENDCO
- Leading and managing student conduct systems in conjunction with Director of Student Conduct and Behaviour
- Leading and managing inclusion, alternate partnerships/provision and onsite AP
- Working with colleagues at UCL to provide unique opportunities for students through the pastoral program.
- Work with all members of SLT to maintain and enhance the Academy's excellent personal development work
You can also visit www.uclacademy.co.uk for more information on the Academy. We Offer:
How to Apply:
- State-of-the-art classroom technology - including our unique Superstudios, subject specialism suites and demonstration; theatres for interactive teaching talks by visiting academics
- Access to opportunities for self-development and intensive weekly Continuing Professional Learning
- Flexibility in start and finish times, longer holidays and more Academy planning days than normal INSET arrangements
- A whole school wellbeing strategy and designated Academy Wellbeing Lead
- An exclusive partnership with UCL where teaching staff have access to unrivalled University libraries and resources and to work within our connected curriculum
- Suitable IT equipment for all teaching staff
- A generous health care plan, including reimbursement for optical, dental, physiotherapy and a range of other areas, 24/7 GP access, free counselling and discounted membership at over 2,000 gyms nationwide.
For a confidential discussion regarding this post, request an application pack or arrange a visit, please call Tim Field on 0784136 4610
. To request an application pack, please email Key Dates:
- Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Tuesday 5th October 2021
- Shortlisting and candidates notified by Thursday 7th October
- Interviews Monday 11th and Tuesday 12th October
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments will be subject to receipt of satisfactory Enhanced DBS check, pre-employment checks and a probation period.