Purple are actively seeking a bright and enthusiastic Public Relations Account Manager to join its Lifestyle Division in the agency's London office, working across our high-profile travel clients to implement communications strategies. The Account Manager will play an essential role in supporting the development and execution of integrated communication campaigns for Art/Design & Lifestyle clients, generating maximum brand exposure through implementing communication strategies, including traditional and new media and brand partnerships.
The right candidate must have a genuine passion for managing ongoing communications on behalf of high-profile lifestyle clients and using initiative in order to achieve exceptional results. Must be organized, driven and creative. Strong written communication skills and an established understanding of public relations are essential.Key Responsibilities:
Skills and Experience
- Media networking and liaising across relevant beats; Maintaining strong relationships with media through regular one-to-one appointments and meetings
- Executing media relations plans for clients including developing outreach plans, message development, management of events, coordination of media familiarisation trips, effective pitching, training of spokespersons and pitching local, regional and national stories
- Competitive media research and analysis
- Participating in the creation of communications plans
- Navigating partnership and collaboration opportunities
- Spearheading and supporting with event logistics and production
- Developing weekly and monthly media reports for clients
- Support AD's on communication with all clients, building rapport and credibility based on trust and expert counsel
- Overseeing the management of all product-related media requests - from email inquiry through prospective media coverage - through sample product distribution and tracking and follow up
- General media monitoring across clients and all competitors
- Consistently producing high quality internal and external communications content
- Oversight and compilation of weekly client agendas
- Proactively pitch story ideas to achieve maximum editorial placement across your brands
- Manage and motivate junior members of the team to ensure day to day operations run smoothly and PR results are delivered; while supporting them in their growth to the next level.
- Equally support AD's and senior members of the team to ensure maximum support across all levels.
- Have a clear understanding of paid, owned and earned media strategies, and develop relationships with top influencers to support this activity
- Have strong connections with leading and emerging editorial talents in the UK and Europe;
- Managing the Junior Account Executive/Account Executive to help reach personal and team targets
- Contribute to agency new business efforts; both creating proposals and participating in relevant pitches
- A passion for Art/Design, Interiors, lifestyle brand and culture.
- Solid understanding of and ongoing interest in media relations and strategy.
- Awareness and understanding of arts and culture landscapes both in the UK and globally
- Effective communicator with an eagerness to grow and learn
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meeting tight deadlines. Excellent prioritizing and time management.
- Extremely well-organized, methodical, and efficient, with strong initiative.
- Strong writing skills.
- Computer skills including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Doc, Cision
- You are a team player who is hardworking and dedicated