Matthews International Capital Management, LLC ("Matthews Asia")
Founded in 1991, Matthews Asia is an independent, privately owned investment manager headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in London and Hong Kong. With 160+ employees worldwide, we specialize in investing in Asia and the emerging markets. Our team of more than 40 investment professionals use a bottom-up, active investment approach to identify the most attractive long-term growth opportunities in the region. As of 31 July 2021, we manage almost $30 billion in assets on behalf of institutions, intermediaries and retail investors worldwide.
Our office in London was opened in 2013 in order to better support our global client base. As our business has grown, we have added experienced employees to our business development, client service and marketing teams. We are now seeking to expand our marketing efforts in Europe and Asia by adding a new role to our team in London.
Additional information on Matthews International Capital Management, LLC and Matthews Asia can be found at www.matthewsasia.com.ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will be responsible for implementing a range of marketing activities focused on raising Matthews Asia's brand awareness and promoting our investment capabilities to intermediaries in the U.K., Europe and Asia.
You will be expected to develop and execute marketing activities aligned with the marketing plans for the regions that includes managing advertising campaigns, developing digital communications such as webcasts, creating client communications, managing product marketing and organizing events. Additional responsibilities may also include supporting social media programs and managing analytics in order to optimize marketing activities based on KPIs and other metrics.
This role requires you to build strong relationships with other areas of the business including the distribution, investment, RFP, compliance, digital marketing and investment communication teams.
You have experience in marketing within financial services and are now looking to broaden your regional expertise to other markets and gain deeper channel marketing experience. You will be expected to allocate up to a third of your time to support business development activities in Asia. You must have the ability to collaborate, possess a "can do" attitude, and be forward-looking and excited to learn at a boutique investment manager focused on the emerging markets.Specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and manage targeted digital content, such as email campaigns and website/microsite content
- Support the development of educational content and customize for regional use
- Ensure effective dissemination of content via content platforms and social media
- Oversee the management and execution of hosted events and conference sponsorships in the UK, Europe and Asia
- Ensure materials comply with local regulations and brand guidelines
- Monitor marketing activities against KPIs
- Track competitor activity and keep current with developments in the asset management industry
- Relevant degree and experience in marketing and communications in the financial services sector, preferably with experience in the asset management/securities vertical
- Three to five years of marketing experience
- Eager to develop channel marketing skills and deepen understanding of financial markets in Asia and Europe
- Entrepreneurial mindset and creative approach to digital communications
- Advanced knowledge in developing and managing digital marketing activities
- Experience in working across functions in multiple countries
- Highly-developed interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with different teams (distribution, investment, investment strategy teams) to share ideas and extract relevant information
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized, detail-orientated and ability to multi-task across different projects
- Ability to work independently in a team‐oriented environment
- Good understanding of financial markets and investment products, with an interest and desire to learn more
Matthews International Capital Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), age, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, political activity or affiliation, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition as defined under applicable law, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws or ordinances.