MS41 - HGV FitterLocation
: £13 per hour + overtime Overview
: First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a HGV Fitter on behalf of one of our clients.
Applications from ex-military personnel are encouraged but all applications will be given due consideration.Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills and Qualifications:
- Work safely, following all relevant risk assessments and method statement instructions.
- Work diligently to promptly become familiar with the mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems of commercial vehicles.
- Prepare vehicles for MOT to a high standard, minimising risk of test failure.
- Carry out planned maintenance to a high standard on a mixed fleet of commercial vehicles.
- Diagnose and repair defective electrical hydraulic and mechanical parts and equipment on commercial vehicles promptly, safely and efficiently.
- Carry out basic welding.
- Complete all associated paperwork promptly and efficiently.
- Attend roadside breakdowns when necessary.
- Liaise with and instruct third-party contractors.
- Ensure working areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Liaise with drivers in order to prioritise repairs and maintenance.
- Appropriate technical qualifications.
- MOT preparation.
- Vehicle computer Diagnostics.
- HGV licence preferable but not essential.
- Excellent understanding of vehicle maintenance requirements and procedures.
- Experience as a mechanic in a commercial vehicle environment.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
: £13 per hour + overtime